Question about 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
1. Connection of phone line, ethernet and power adapter
2. Indicator light: POWER: green; Ethernet: blink; DSL: green; Internet: blink or red
3. Open IE browser.
4. address: 192.168.1.254
5. Click "Run System Setup Wizard"
6. Log-in with preset password: admin. Or change password: click "I forgot the password." Under question "Here’s a hint for the password wedding date", click "I still can’t remember the password.". Then Reset System Password by enter System Key which locate on back of the Router (like: ), and your new password, then click "Submit"
7."Set Up Your 2700HG-B Gateway" screen. Keep default "Key Code". Click "Next"
8. "Time Zone". Select your time zone,then click "NEXT"
9. "Set Up Connection Info". Enter "PPP Authentication" information provided by internet service provider. "Username", "Password", and "Confirm Password", then click "NEXT"
10. Screen "Connecting" running...
11. Auto turn to screen "2700HG-B Gateway Setup Complete", click "FINISH", or "EXIT" to complete setup or "Register" to register with 2WIRE on line.
For a more detailed first time install no software needed check this link:
Posted on Feb 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 11, 2011 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
To access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.2.1).
Enter the password (admin), the default PWD.. Leave the username blank by default.
If you have change the password to the router type it in , if you do not remember it, you will need to reset the router.
Click on the Wireless tab, then security tab under it. There you will see your WEP key.
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response Thanks, Joe
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
Feb 19, 2011 | Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
The Default Wep Key is the 10 digit key located on the bottom sticker of the router. It is near the Bar Code. You can also personalize the Network Key by simly accessing the router. I've listed the steps on how to access the router incase the Network Key on the sticker is not working.
Jan 31, 2011 | 2wire (2701HG-B) Wireless Router
Dec 31, 2009 | NetGear DG834G Router
Oct 22, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jan 03, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 28, 2008 | NetGear WGR614 Wireless Router
Sep 16, 2008 | NetGear MR814 Wireless Router
Nov 19, 2007 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: