Question about Computers & Internet
I have already copy the bootable "redhat linux 5" to my harddisk.Now I want to make a bootable disk using nero 8.Please tell me how it is possible.
Here are the instructions, taken right out of Nero's manual for Burning ROM 8. page 42:
9.3 Creating and Burning a Bootable Disc
To create a bootable disc, proceed as follows:
1. Click on the New button in the main Nero Burning ROM screen.
The New Compilation window is opened.
2. If you want to create a bootable CD, select the entry CD from the combo box and the entry
CD-ROM (Boot) from the list box. If you want to create a bootable DVD, select the entry
DVD from the combo box and the entry DVD-ROM (Boot) from the list box.
The tabs for the bootable disc are displayed; the Boot tab is in front.
3. If the template data for the bootable disc should originate from a logical drive:
1. Select the Bootable logical drive option button in the Source of boot image data area.
2. Select the entry you want from the drop-down menu.
If the logical drive you want does not appear in the drop-down menu, the reason for this is
that the drive is bigger than the space available on the disc. Please note that for operating
systems as of Microsoft® Windows® 2000 you need to have administrator rights in order to
be able to access drives directly, which you will need to do if you are to create bootable
4. If the template data for the bootable disc should originate from an image file:
1. Select the Image file option button in the Source of boot image data area.
2. Click on the Browse button and select the desired image file.
3. Select the language that should appear while the system is booting from the Boot locale
4. Check the Enable expert features box and select the emulation type for the image file
from the Emulation type drop-down menu.
5. Select any other options required on the tabs (see New Compilation Window).
6. Click on the New button.
The selection screen is displayed.
7. Select the files/folders that should be written to the ISO part of the bootable disc and drag
them into the compilation area.
The files/folders are displayed in the compilation area and the capacity bar indicates how
much storage space is required on the disc.
You have now created the bootable disc and can start the burn process (see Starting
the Burn Process).
Posted on Feb 07, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 27, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jul 11, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Apr 20, 2009 | Electronics - Others
Feb 11, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 04, 2008 | VIA Biostar P4VTB PT800 P4 800MHz Busspeed...
Oct 12, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!