Question about Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
It pop and it lost its brihgtness soun is OK and everithing works but the screen dimmed.........I am a electronic technitian let me know pls what it can be....Rafa
My Z50PX2D was just over 2 years old and well out of warranty when the “Pop/Blank Screen” problem struck. However, LG took great care for the situation.
I civilly called LG's customer service (very nice people… all of them). LG’s CS phone number is (877) 543-8325. After a few short phone calls (less than 5 minutes each) over 4 day period, they extended my warranty and it is currently being serviced ($0 out of my pocket).
Here are some tips on the working with LG on the “Pop” issue (this should reduce the number of phone calls needed):
- RULE #1… Be respectful to all of them, everyone I spoke to were extremely nice.
- Have the model number, serial number, date of purchase and original receipt (they will require it faxed) on hand.
- Call LG Customer Service (877) 543-8325
- They will ask how they can help: Tell them what happened to your TV and you want to see if they can extend your TV’s warranty for the “pop” problem.
- They will setup a case:
o Will ask for your information (name, address, phone, model, serial number, date of purchase)
o Will ask what the problem was (IE: watching TV, there was a loud pop from the TV and the screen went out). No need elaborate too much, they know this problem exists.
o Will ask for you to fax the receipt to their fax number (they will provide)
§ Note the case number, your name and phone number on the receipt before faxing.
- Before hanging up, ask them for the case number. This will make it easier for everyone when you call back.
- Give them about 24 hours before calling to verify they received the fax.
o If they have received the fax and applied the notes to the case, they should be able to let you know if they will extend the warranty on that call.
o If the fax was received but not yet added to the ‘Case’, give them one more day.
Hopefully you will have success in having your warranty extended.
Posted on Feb 08, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 24, 2010 | Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Sep 08, 2009 | Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Jul 04, 2009 | Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Jun 16, 2009 | Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
Jun 11, 2009 | Zenith Z50PX2D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: