Rings 4 times on other brand phones then 4 more on the GE 27831
I have 5 phones in the house. 2 of the 5 are the GE 27831. All phones ring 4 times then the GE phones ring 4 times. It is also interfering with my answering machine picking up. I wasn't have a conflict on my phones until these were added with the others. Do you know what I need to do to resolve the problem?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To set the no. of rings for a Uniden D1680 or similar, try this:
1. Press [menu]
2. Scroll down to 'Answ Setup', press [select] or [ok]
3. Scroll down to 'Ring Time', press [select] or [ok]
4. Scroll down to highlight your choice, '2 Rings', '4 Rings', etc.
press [select] or [ok]
5. Press [back] or [off]
Use the RINGS TO ANSWER switch on the back of the base to set the number of times you want the phone to ring before the answering system answers the call. You may choose 3 rings, 5 rings, or TOLL SAVER (TS).
You can download the manual at http://www.home-electronics.net/ge/pc/IB/25952EE1_IB.pdf
The 25839 isn't an answering machine. If you have a separate answering machine connected to your phone line, consult its documentation. If you subscribe to a voicemail system offered by your phone company, contact them for instructions.
Setting the Number of Rings (Excerpt from the Uniden Dect 1580 Phone manual
The ring time setting allows you to set the number of rings the caller hears before your answering system plays the outgoing message. You can set the ring time to answer after two, four, or six rings. If you enable the Toll Saver (TS) setting, the answering system picks up after two rings if you have new messages, and after four rings if there are none. This way, if you make a long distance call to check your messages, you can hang up after the third ring to avoid long distance billing charges.
Select the Ans. Setup menu, and then the Ring Time submenu.
Move the cursor to select a ring time (Toll Saver, 2 Times, 4 Times, or 6 Times).
Press Menu/Select. You will hear a confirmation tone.
click menu 3 times. click either repeat/rew or skip/ff to set to either 2 for 2 rings or 4 for 4 rings or 6 for 6 rings or h5 for toll saver THEN press set/ringer to save your change. Answering machine will answer after 4 rings if you wanted the 4 & saved by pressing set/ringer. Thats all there is to it.
1) With the phone in standby mode, press the menu/clock key three times. You hear “Ring time” and the current ring time ([2 ], [ 4], [6 ], [T ] Toll saver), and it is displayed on the main base. Then you hear the guidance for setting the ring time.
2) Press the volume/select/ or up or down arrow key until the desired ring time appears.
3) Press the set key to select the new ring time. You hear a confirmation tone, then the announcement “Ring time” followed by the new ring time. After a few seconds, the system announces “To set record time, press menu again.”
Need the manual for your phone? You can download/print it here: