A plate with a foil decoration on it went on fire in my GE jvm2070sk01 microwave ... now it doesn't work ... thought is just needed to cool down but it's been several hours and there's no change. I've checked the outlet and circuit breaker. Is there a fuse inside the microwave that could be blown? Anyone know a part #? Is this fixable? I don't want to call for repair and pay a service call if it's hopeless. Thanks for any help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Maybe. The presence of metallic material (foil, stainless steel silverware, etc.) in an operating microwave oven creates electric arcs between the foil and the inside wall of the oven. And this can destroy the electric components.
1. Unscrew the 2 screws in the top vent grill and remove it.
2. Unscrew the 1 screw above the computer keypad, then slide it up to unlock it and it will hinge down, revealing the computer circuit board behind the keypad.
3. Put a sheet of foil into the large ziplock bag and seal it up.
4. Then tape it to cover the whole circuit board in the back of the computer. You may have to let the wires stick out of the middle of your foil covering. The ziplock is to keep the metal foil from short circuiting anything on the computer, and the foil protects the circuit board from the small amount of leaking microwaves inside.
5. Lock the keypad back up and plugin the microwave to test it before screwing everything back together.
there is some kind of circuit board damage. carefully check for burned foil paths on board; around where the relays are. if so, you may be able to "bridge" the broken foil paths with solder. just unscrew the bulbs in the meantime.
the "Off/Clear' button to cancel anything on the display, and reset the
microwave. This is a soft reset and will simply get you out of any
program you have started. Press it when the cooking complete reminder
appears on the display.
a hard reset. Pull the plug out of the wall power supply, and wait a
moment. Plug the microwave back into the wall power supply to reset
any anomalies with the microwave's memory. You will need to reset the
time of day if you perform a hard reset.
the time of day. Press the "Clock" button, and turn the dial to set the
hours. Press the dial to enter. Follow the same procedure for the
minutes and a.m. or p.m. Press the "Start" button to start the clock. This should help fix the problem.
probably blew the magnetron or high voltage transformer DONT test either unless u discharge the capacitor possible shock risk that unit is still live even unplugged.... i wanna telll you these days that micros are disposable items because the parts are gonna cost more than just to buy a new one plus if any arching occured that same problem is gonna occur again if it did work so basicallly that miro is kapout... hope this helped
hi my name is mark, the flashing you see is because something inside the oven cavity has acted as an antenna and all the microwave energy is going to ground. check for foil. if inside of oven is really dirty it could cause problems. if you cant find problem easily the oven will need to be disassembed. replacemant my be easier.
Mine went dead after about 6 months. I had problems with my breakers and I found out that it was the microwave that blew all of them. I also found out that this perticular microwave is a fire hazard and should be recalled. It has caused me alot of headache. The breakers in my house are brand new and they are put out by GE also. It caused me to loose the food in my freezer, I did not know my freezer had lost power. It would cause my entire lights to go off and then they would come back on. I have checked around and I found out that the power cord on the back of the unit is very loose. I had a person to come in and look at it, he thinks its the power cord.