Question about Hoover U8145-900 Savvy Bagless Upright Cyclonic Vacuum
How do I get the belt over the wheel? I have the belt and I have taken off the bottom but I can't figure out how to get the belt over the pulley.
U have 2 articulate the belt so that u can get it sideways there is just enough space between the pulley and the plastic after u get it in bring the roller brush close enough to put the belt around it then stretch it back to the slots for the roller
maybe that will help
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Disconnect cleaner from electrical outlet.
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear. Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Aug 08, 2014 | Hoover Vacuums
Oct 13, 2012 | Sebo Felix Ice Blue Bagged Upright Vacuum
Jun 01, 2011 | Bissell 6594 PowerForce Bagless Upright...
May 26, 2011 | Bissell 3591 CleanView Bagless Upright...
Jan 10, 2010 | Hoover U8171-900 / U8172-900 / U8173-900 /...
Apr 03, 2009 | Panasonic Vacuums
Jul 17, 2008 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
May 11, 2008 | Kirby Ultimate G Bagged Upright Vacuum
Feb 06, 2008 | Hoover Elite U5061-900 Bagged Upright...
Jan 22, 2008 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!