MY BRAND NEW SPACEMAKER IS CAUSING MY MICROWAVE SAFE DISHES TO GET HOT TO THE TOUCH AND BREAK COMPLETELY IN HALF WHILE COOKING. THIS IS MY SECOND SPACEMAKER AND I'VE HAD THE DISHES A FEW YEARS WITH NO INCIDENT. WHAT'S GOING ON?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The code on the screen indicate electric panel fault resulting from the touchpad malfunction.
The touch pad on your microwave oven acts as the brain of the appliance. It not only contains the buttons that you use to enter cooking settings and times, but also controls the function of the entire microwave. If the touch pad malfunctions or breaks completely, the microwave will cease to function. In this instance, the broken touch pad must be removed and a new touch pad must be installed, to restore functionality to the microwave.
1 Unplug the microwave from the wall outlet.
2 Remove the two screws, located on the front or top of the grill at the top of the microwave.
3 Pull the grill off of the microwave.
4 Remove the mounting screw from the top of the control panel.
5 Lift the control panel up and out to loosen. Look behind the control panel to ensure there are no metal tabs securing the control panel in place. If there are metal tabs, gently rotate the control panel to free the tabs.
6 Transfer the wires from the old control panel to the new control panel one at a time to ensure that the wires are properly installed.
7 Install the new control panel into the microwave and secure using the mounting screw that was removed.
8 Replace the grill from the top of the microwave and secure it using the screws that were removed.
9 Plug the microwave back into the wall outlet.
several of the GEs i have worked on with your symtoms turned out to be bad magnetrons ... if the magnetron gets too hot then it will go bad .. you can get it really hot by running it without anything in the oven .. but several of the failures were caused by a fan mount failure ... there is a fan that cools the magnetron .. it is mounted on a plastic framework .. if the plastic breaks or distorts then the fan is not aimed in the correct direction .. the air goes around the magnetron instead of thru it and it fails to cool the magnetron ... so in these cases the fan framework was repaired and a new magnetron installed .. often that repair costs more than a new microwave oven .. there are other things that will cause the same trouble .. a high voltage diode, a capacitor, a transformer, a relay and a high temperature cut out switch ... the cutout automatically resets once things cool down but it can go bad .. the cost of some of these things is not high but labor often dictates the repair vs replace decision ... magnetrons cost a lot unless you have connections .. .at any rate you dont want to be powerering the microwave when its taken apart .. with the cover off there is potentially fatal voltage and current avalible by just touching the wrong thing .. ..
Not likely it's the touch buttons wearing out you can buy the tocuh pad and replace it it's not that expensive, go to www.appliancepros.com and find your model and look at the parts list and find your part, they have a break down of the parts assembly.
take a small flat edge and pop out the plastic trim on the inside of the door, you will have to pry a bit but it will pop out, be very ccareful as it will break quite easily,,,,, the back of the handle is now accessable
First, wipe out any excess crumbs. Then fill a microwave-safe bowl
with about 1-2 cups of water. Add some lemon juice, or put in half a
piece of fresh cut lemon (squeezing some juice out first) into the
Microwave until the water is boiling. Then let it sit for a few
minutes to let the steam penetrate the interior. Carefully remove the
bowl and interior tray. Wipe down the interior with a damp cloth. Wash
the tray in the sink with dish soap, dry, and then return to microwave.
For the outside, spray with a kitchen cleaner and wipe with paper
towels. The main idea is that the steam from the water will loosen food
particles, and the lemon will add a fresh smell.
SAME PROBLEM FOR ME...I REMOVED THE BOTTOM COVER AND FOUND THAT ONE LIGHT WAS NOT FIXED AND WAS LOOSE AND WAS TOUCHING THE GLASS. THIS HEAT WAS WHAT BROKE THE GLASS COVER. CLOSED INSPECTION SHOWED THE LIGHT SOCKET WAS TOO LARGE FOR THE CLIPS AND WERE NOT SECURED WHEN PURCHASED. I GOT SMALL SCREW AND NUT, BENT CLIPS SO THE SOCKET HOLE MATCHED THE HOLE MADE BY THE CLIP AND SECURELY ATTACHED THE SOCKET. THIS WILL SECURE THE LIGHT AND KEEP IT FROM TOUCHING THE GLASS..........IF I CAN EVER FIND A GLASS REPLACEMENT....MAY JUST HAVE ONE CUT. NOW THE PROBLEM IS TO REPLACE THE LIGHT AND MICROWAVE FUSE WHICH WAS BLOWN WHEN THE GLASS BROKE.