Question about OKI Pacemark 3410 Matrix Printer
After replacing the printhead, the test print prints very lightly on the page and fades in and out about every 5-6 lines. The very first test print, nothing could be seen at all on the page. I have two of these printers and have swapped ribbons to make sure that was not the issue. Is there a combination of buttons to factory reset, like holding down form feed as you power on the printer, makes it print a test page? I have also changed the print ribbon.
If your print fades in then out every 5-6 lines, your platen probably has flat spots on it. This can be caused when someone forget to perform an alignment on a PH.
To run a test page you can power off the printer. Hold down the LF key and power on at the same time, this will print a self test.
Posted on Feb 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
(1) Open the access over.
(2) Pull up and rotate the head clamp 1 to unclamp the printhead 2 as shown fig. 3.3.1.
(3) Disconnect the printhead 2 from PC connector 3.
(4) To install, follow the removal steps in the reverse order.
Notes on installation:
(1) Insert the printhead 2 into the PC connector 3 while pushing it against the carriage
(2) The head clamp 1 must surely be sandwiched between printhead 2 and carriage
frame 4 as shown Figure 3.3.2.
(3) Be sure to check the gap between platen and printhead (see 4).
(4) Be careful not to touch the print head while it is very hot.
(5) Make sure that there is not any dust or oil on the connector contact section A. If it
is found, wipe it off by alcohol. Good Luck ! I couldn't attach any pictures.
Dec 17, 2010 | OKI Microline 3410 Matrix Printer
May 28, 2010 | Kodak Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 21, 2009 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 InkJet Printer
Sep 24, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5500 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 22, 2009 | OKI C9300 Led Printer
Mar 29, 2009 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Mar 01, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 04, 2009 | OKI Pacemark 3410 Matrix Printer
Apr 06, 2007 | OKI Pacemark 3410 Matrix Printer
263 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!