Question about Philips HDD1630 MP3 Player
My mp3 player when i on plug it from the computer it keeps telling me to plug into the computer
Here's what you want to do:
1) Back up all music and picture files if possible
2) With the GoGear powered on, reset the player by holding the power on/off and volume + keys simultaneously until the GoGear shuts down
3) Turn the GoGear back on and see if message persists
If the "please connect player to PC" msg persists:
1) Connect GoGear to computer
2) Open Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips in Windows XP if no shortcut on desktop)
3) Click on the Repair tab - see if there is a msg that says something like "to repair your player, connect GoGear to computer while holding the volume + button"
4)IMPORTANT: Disconnect the GoGear from the USB cable, turn the GoGear OFF, and then press and hold the volume + button; then, connect your GoGear to PC while still holding the volume + button (VERY IMPORTANT: this process will fix your player, but it will also delete all music and images you have stored on the GoGear) - do not let go of the Volume + button until a pop-up comes up saying that your player is being repaired
After the repair process is complete, your player should work fine - you will have to re-download all files to the GoGear.
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 04, 2010 | Sony Walkman NWZ-B105F MP3 Player
Apr 02, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Jul 28, 2009 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Jan 01, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Nov 02, 2007 | iLO (2 GB) MP3 Player
Oct 19, 2006 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!