I guess I screwed up by trying to melt wax in it. It shut down after a minute. Checked breakers and GFI, all good, plug works. I assume I blew something. Is it repairable by myself, worth calling a repair person or do I need to replace it? Thanks.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The only thing I can think of is check to make sure all switches are aligned correctly otherwise you will keep tripping the breaker, I'am certain that one of your switches are not properly in position.
I have the same problem with my new magic cheff over the stove microwave oven. I call magic chef and they gave me the 800 number for the service center (1-800-775-0202). When I described the problem they told me to just put a plate under the popper and this wouldn't happen anymore. I haven't tried it yet but here's hoping.
I tried the usual things, then checked the outlet in the cupboard where the unit is plugged in.....It was okay, but then I noticed a separate electrical cable going into the wall at the outlet. I went to the breaker box downstairs, found a breaker marked "Microwave Oven", flicked it off and on and away the microwave oven went....It is now okay. I guess the thermostat had turned everything off when it became too hot....
anyway all okay now....thx Janet
Is not normal for a microwave to shutdown after 4 minutes of operation.
From the info you are providing, It looks like the magnetron might be overheating causing the thermal fuse to shut it down until it cools down. There may also be a loose connection in one of the switches or a cold solder joint in the low voltage power supply.
I would suggest to check and make sure that the fans are functional, If always did; it could be that there isn't much air circulation where the appliance was installed.
Fan turned on after cooking because a thermostat got to hot and tripped turning on the fan to try to cool the unit. The unit went completely dead when thermal fuse tripped which is located above the cavity on the left side.
The problem is related to a thermal cutoff shutting down the unit due to the something (turntable motor?) overheating due to poor ventilation. You need to open the unit and ensure that all aeration opening are free of dust and grease. Compressed air works great for cleaning the internal components.
We had the same problem with our brand new Magic Chef. Before going through the trouble of taking it back I called Home Depot. After talking to a Home Depot Rep I am told that the overheat sensor is under the glass plate directly beneath the popcorn bag. Popcorn gets very hot and the heat of the popcorn causes the sensor to shut the machine down. I would imagine this would be the same for a baked potato.
Very poor design.
I was told to put a microwave safe plate down and put the popcorn bag on it. This should help to reduce the heat and not trip the sensor.
A safety sensor is great, but not if it keeps tripping the machine and shutting down!