I bought a new vtech 5.8 portable phone. question ? after charging the battery for over 16 hrs is the red light on the telephone base suppose to go out or stay a constant red? the red light on my new phone stays red all the time, is this normal ??
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: charge/in use light
Typically the charge light will stay on as long as the phone is on the charger. After 16hrs, the battery should be fully charged. Leaving it on the charger constantly can actually overcharge the battery, shorening it's life. The best thing to do is use it until it tells you the battery is getting low, then charge it uninterrupted for about 8-12 hrs. Of course, that's ideal and can't always be done, but the more you can do that, the better.
Hope that helps, and please rate my answer, good OR bad.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
VTech Communications Inc.Out of range OR No power at base is shown in the handset display window. Why don't ... Tip 1 of 5. Confirm proper installation of the telephone base and charger power adapters, and handset battery. You should only use the VTech power adapters provided with your telephone. ... Next Tip This solved my problem. Tip 2 of 5.
1Remove the battery cover from the back of the phone. Most models have a door that slides downward to reveal the battery compartment.
Install the battery by inserting the connector on the battery wires over the pins in the handset battery compartment. The connector will only go on one way.
Insert the battery pack into the compartment and replace the battery cover.
Charge the phone by sitting it in the charger for a minimum of 16 hours on the first charge.
Place the fully-charged phone onto the cradle of the base unit and wait for the display to show "PRESS FIND HNDST 4 SEC ON BASE." If the message does not come up, lift the phone off the base and put it back in the cradle.
Press and hold the "FIND HANDSET" button on the base unit for approximately four seconds. The display on the phone will change to "PLEASE WAIT," then "HANDSET X REGISTERED."
My Vtech 6.0 charging light only turns off when I remove a handset from the charger base. I have had these three set for two years and they work fine. I think that the red light is just to let you know that the charger is working, if you loose power, or unplug one of the base units there is no indication of a dead battery.
You should return the product. This is relatively common, it needs a new battery. The battery will not take a charge. Here's the thing, batteries for cordless phones are a fortune. You should either return it or if you can't probably just buy a whole knew one.
You are pretty close to the solution. The problem is the charge detection in the handset. All handsets on a cordless phone detect the battery level with an hexadecimal value in the memory. Each hex value equal a volt value of the battery. EX: 3.5v = 9B 3.6v = 9C 3.7v =9D etc... The problem is the hex value in your defective handset are all mess up. So 9B is not 3.5v anymore. Then your handset could last 1hr after foul charge or doesn't alert you before the phone goes dead due to low BAtt.