Question about Samsung V20 XTC 1800 Notebook
1. Turn off laptop and disconnect all cables. Close lid tight and turn your laptop upside down on one layer of a soft cloth (to avoid scratching case).
2. There should be many screws visible beneath the laptop. ONE of them (only one) will be located in a line from the center of CD, about 12.5-13.5cm (5 inches) towards the center of laptop. Remove that screw (may require a TORX or other special screwdriver). If there is no such screw, then ignore all the rest of this and go to a shop. Your CD must be disassembled to remove the CD. Otherwise, proceed to step 3 if you successfully located and removed the screw.
3. Now, look at the face of the CD tray. There will be a small hole in there somewhere near the eject/open button. Press a small straightened paper clip into the hole gently and STRAIGHT, not at an angle.
4. You should hear a light click, and the CD will open. Gently return the laptop to normal, right-side-up.
5. Gently pull the CD tray out, and gently pull until the whole CD case comes out.
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
Once the screw is removed, you may need to insert the tip of the screwdriver, behind a small curved plate, where screw went in. Also, on outside of the laptop, there is usually a small button/tab key, which may be pressed in, then retracted, to pull the DVD drive out of it's bay.
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 20, 2011 | Acer Computers & Internet
May 06, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S4527 Notebook
Feb 13, 2009 | Gateway M505 Notebook
Sep 24, 2008 | Acer Aspire 3000 Notebook
Jun 24, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Apr 09, 2008 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Feb 22, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A45-S150 Notebook
Nov 22, 2007 | Computers & Internet
128 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: