Power led stays red (standby), unit does not respond to the remote or buttons on the front panel.
Checked voltages of the power supply board output, they matched spec.
Replaced capacitors on the power supply board with no success.
Current status: helpless!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The only possible solution and it is a long shot, unplug unit from wall receptical, now press and hold power for 60 seconds, this will drain any residual voltage and reset the microprocessor in hopes it will work. If this fails I recommend the sony technician.
hi, u can make your dvd for region free DVD play back. but for that you have to purchase an universal remote (ONE FOR ALL URC-7950). through this remote only you can make player DVD region free. first of all u have to set( program) the remote for the same purpose.
Full procedure for the OneForAllURC-7950 remote is as follows:(preparing remote)
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the Power key flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
5. Press 994 6. Press Magic key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice, if not repeat steps 4 to 8 )
9. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095 18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079 28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S370 region free
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAllURC-7950 remote. The power light will start flashing. (blue middle light)
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote.
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
Hello, here is a sample for auxilary connection for the chdvd300:
. Use the AV (Audio/Video) cable
provided to connect the DVD player to
your TV as shown in the diagram.
. Your TV must be equipped with AV
inputs like those pictured to the right in
order to connect this unit.
. If your TV does not have AV inputs, you
will need a RF Modulator to connect this
player to your TV's antenna/cable input.
RF Modulators are available at major
Connect the DVD Player to
CH-DVD 300 Quick Setup Guide
. The goal is to see the DVD player's splash screen on your
TV. To do this, select the Video Input channel on your TV
that corresponds with the input the player is plugged into.
This procedure differs among TVs, but is normally done by
pressing the VIDEO IN or INPUT button on the TV's remote
control to select the Video Input.
. When the DVD player's splash screen appears on your TV,
you're ready to go!
4 Select the VIDEO INPUT on your TV
COMPONENT VIDEO OUT
ANTENNA / CABLE IN
VIDEO R - AUDIO - L
. Plug the DVD player's electrical
plug into a wall socket or power
2 Plug-in the Power Cord
3 Turn on the DVD Player and your TV
. Press the POWER BUTTON on the front panel to turn the
DVD player on. The POWER LED should now change
from RED (STANDBY MODE) to GREEN (ON).
You can find an quick install wiring schematic at retrevo.com, just type your model number in the search window.
I understand your problem. Please try my solution and even though it is the same manufacturer but a different model number but I think it will work. I have posted my solution in this site and also other fix-it sites but I will post it here for you.
Late last year, my friend had the same problem. She and her friends tried for two months but it was impossible to physically pulled the stuck DVD out from the unit. I was happened to be in the area and she asked me if I can help her retrieved her movie
DVD disc which was stuck inside the MinTek DTV-265-D.
GOOD NEWS! I was successful in getting the
stuck DVD disc out of the unit and back into her hands.
Here is what I did to fix the stuck DVD problem:
Phillips Screwdriver (magnetic head will be the best)
Tweezers - Only if you don't have a magnetic Phillips screwdriver
Large flat padded table because you will need it to lay the TV - flat.
c. People: I did it by myself but having an extra hands is a plus.
1. Disconnect power cord, power switch button "off" position, unplug cables and video cables from the unit.
2. Place the TV unit flat on the surface - screen on the bottom - Back cover side facing up
3. Back Stand: Remove the TV bracket stand in the back by unscrewing the 8 screws.
4. Back Cover: Unsecured the back cover panel side of the unit - 9 screws (After unscrewing the screws you might need to use the tweezers to lift and remove the screws.)
5. Back Cover: Carefully lift (unlock) the back cover panel slightly away from the screen unit slowly because it is wired to the circuit board. In other words, you can't remove it completely which it is OK and it is not necessary. This back cover panel removal sounds easy but the cable coaxial connector block it and making it difficulty. Therefore, you will have to wiggle the cover until it is free and away from the coaxial connector because you will need some clearance space to access the DVD unit.
6. DVD Unit: Unlock the DVD unit by unscrewing 4 (silver) screws.
7. Now you are set and ready to release your stuck DVD.
An extra hands will be nice to have but two hands is a requirements to do the next couple of steps.
8. DVD Unit:
On the front side, locate the two (black triangle-shape or arrow shape) slot holders.
They are in a locked position.
Using your fingers lift and hold both sloth holders in the up position.
(You might have to raise these holders (up and down) several times.)
As you are holding up these slot holders please perform the next step (#9).
Push power button on the unit switch "on"
Plug back the power cord into the unit AC inlet
Unit Ready Light: "red" standby light is on
Remote Control: Press the power/DVD button - st the remote to DVD Unit Ready Light: "Green"
** Important: Step No. 8 and Step No. 9 must be done simultaneously **
10. VIOLA! The DVD disc will automatically slide out of slot from the DVD unit.
Bad caps in the power supply is causing this. C17 (10v,470uf), C17,c14 (10v,1000uf) and C18 (10v,470uf). Replace with same capacitance values but 25 volt rating 85 C. Just fixed mine half hour ago works great.