Power led stays red (standby), unit does not respond to the remote or buttons on the front panel.
Checked voltages of the power supply board output, they matched spec.
Replaced capacitors on the power supply board with no success.
Current status: helpless!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is the standby led on the front lit. If not likely the problem is with power supply. If the standby led is on does it go off when the power button is pressed? Does the led blink. If so count the blinks and get back. The power supply provides an standby voltage to the main board. If the standby led is lit then this voltage is present. When the power button is pressed the micro sends a turn on voltage to the power board. Normally the power supply will respond and all other voltages needed to operate the set will come up. if a component is shorted the micro will not turn on the power board and will usually give a failure code via the standby led.
The only possible solution and it is a long shot, unplug unit from wall receptical, now press and hold power for 60 seconds, this will drain any residual voltage and reset the microprocessor in hopes it will work. If this fails I recommend the sony technician.
That problem is usually have 2 causes..Its either power supply board or main board..
Please take this steps on how to determine the problem: 1. Open the back cover. 2.
Check the power supply output...It should have 5vdc for the main
board..12vdc or 16vdc for the audio and 24vdc for the back-light
inverter.. 3. If those 3 voltage supplies have encountered voltage drop...The problem could be on power supply board.. 4. If the power supply output is normal..The problem could be on the main board... 5.
If the problem is power supply you should check if the capacitors
are bulged on the top and try to replaced it..If you can't do that you
can purchased new power supply board.. 6. If the problem is on
main board there is no D.I.Y repair on that so you need to buy a new
main board that fits to your TV.. Hope this solution will be helpful..
hi, u can make your dvd for region free DVD play back. but for that you have to purchase an universal remote (ONE FOR ALL URC-7950). through this remote only you can make player DVD region free. first of all u have to set( program) the remote for the same purpose.
Full procedure for the OneForAllURC-7950 remote is as follows:(preparing remote)
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the Power key flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
5. Press 994 6. Press Magic key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice, if not repeat steps 4 to 8 )
9. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095 18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079 28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S370 region free
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAllURC-7950 remote. The power light will start flashing. (blue middle light)
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote.
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.