5 year old system started flipping out, first had red blinking power light, now audio works but DVDs play in black and white. Sounds like a power supply issue, but that's just a guess. Any opinions before I use it as a door stop?
Try use connect your dvd player with just RCA(composite video) and see if you get regular color picture.If so,you need to go to the system menu to check the video output and see if it is under R Pr Pb-component video setting?If not,be sure to change it to component video setting AND use component video cable to connect to your TV unless your TV don't have this connection. Joe
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Be sure that in the setup menu, you are selected for the correct output format (either component which is BLUE/RED/GREEN + audio or composit which is just YELLOW + audio. If that is correct, I would suggest a call to the BOSE technical support center.
Go to the "Bose" menu screen viewing on your TV (make sure no dvd is in the player) Go to your Video controls and check your output, chances are, if your using the component output your player is set to "S-Video". Should fix the problem. Hope this helps. If it's still not viewing correctly, post a comment and I will help you some more
You have to connect extra red & white audio cable from your TV's (or cable box, if you have one) AUDIO OUT to the Home Theater's AUX IN 2 at the back (below Video In). Set the HTS unit to AUX 2 using the AUX button on the remote control and you should be able to get sound.
Hello, imho you must initialize your jvc.
Follow the instructions:
(1) Unplug the power plug.
(2) Insert power plug into outlet while pressing both "PLAY" key and "STANDBY/ON" key of the main body.
"Area code" is indicated at the upper left of display.
(3) Press "PAUSE" key of the main body.
(4) When initialization is completed, "00" and "RDS" is displayed in the FL display.
(5) To release test mode, press "STANDBY/ON" key of the main body.
(6) Now unplug the power plug an insert it again after a 5 seconds.
Be carefully and press no other key then the list above.
Now it will be work fine again.
I hope it would be helpfully.