Black pop-up screen when pressing any menu features on remote
Whenever i press a feature utton on the remote such as menu & input button, the pop-up screen on display is all black, can't read anything, before the characters are bright green color, i dont know if we press anything in the remote thats why its happening.
Re: Black pop-up screen when pressing any menu features...
In your customer menu there is a convergence adjustment feature. just follow the instructions on how to do it. It's pretty simple. But if that doesn't do it, then you may have some components shorted or open in the convergence circuit. If so, then you will need a qualified tech to repair it.
Re: Black pop-up screen when pressing any menu features...
I'm not entirely sure, but I think the problem lies in your Convergence OSD PWB. I had to disconnect mine in the attempt to troubleshoot a problem with my TV and the same thing occurred. I would check your connection from your Convergence PWB to your Convergence OSD PWB; especially if you recently recently changed your IC's to fix a color convergence problem. If that checks out ok I would look for possible problems on the Convergence OSD PWB. Good luck!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to your menu button on your remote scroll down to the features by using the down arrow button on the remote.press OK on features menu. Scroll with the down arrow on the remote to the the CC Closed caption option in the features menu press OK. Press CC on or CC off and press OK then Exit button.
Press the "Menu" button on the remote to reveal the on screen menu, then press the cursor up or down until the option labeled "Features" is highlighted. Once the features menu is highlighted, press the cursor up or down buttons until the phrase ''Smartlock'' is highlighted. Next, press the cursor right button until it shows the phrase ''access code;'' on the access code screen, press 0, 7, 1 and 1 again. When the phrase ''incorrect code'' appears, enter a ''new code'' by selecting a four number code of your choice; this code will be used to control all functions related to the Smartlock code feature.
With our VIP receiver models, you have an option to turn on/off closed caption through the receiver. Press the Menu button on the remote, which will display the Main Menu on the TV screen. Press 8 (Preferences) and then press 6 (Closed Caption). On the Closed Caption screen, press 1. On the Closed Caption On/Off screen, select CC Off and then press Done from the TV screen (using your DISH remote). This will turn the feature off on the receiver. Test to see if it is turned off by watching a program that has CC. If it still appears, then the feature is activated through your TV. Please refer to your TV manual to turn the feature off. I hope this helps.
Black boxes in the middle of the screen are text boxes. Text is a part of the closed captioning feature either on your television or your cable/set top box. You would press the closed captioning button on the remote repeatedly until it displays cc off or something similar. Captioning might also be active on your cable box/set top box. There is normally a hidden menu on the cable box and that is where closed captioning is. You have to turn the cable box off. Yes I did say turn the cable box off. Then press the menu button on it and then the hidden menu will pop up. Then navigate to closed captioning and choose disable.
To enable close cationing on your TV follow this:-
 Press "Menu" button on the remote control to appear "Setup" menu on the screen.
 Use "Up and Down" arrows on the remote contol to select "Captions/Text" on your screen.
 Press "Right or Left " arrows to select any one of the following options. Caption-1, Caption-2, Caption-3, Caption-4 Text-1, Text-2, Text-3, Text-4.
 Press enter to return TV viewing.
To turn the caption feature to "On" or "Off'
 Press menu key on the remote control to display "Setup" menu.
 Using "UP/DOWN" buttons to select captions on your screen.
 Press "Right or Left" arrow to switch the captions feature 'ON" or "OFF" or "EZ Mute"
 Press enter to continue.
ATTENTION!! PLEASE read through this information FULLY before trying anything, ok??
here's the instructions for "cancelling or changing parental lock"
1) Press the MENU button. The Main Menu will appear on the screen. 2) Select "Advanced Features" using the ADJUST up/down buttons. Press ENTER/EXCH. 3) Select "Use Parental Lock" using the ADJUST button. Press ENTER/EXCH. 4) Enter the four digits of your secret code using the number buttons (0- 9). Press ENTER/EXCH. 5) If you have locked the TV, use the ADJUST up/down buttons to select the setting "Off" to turn off the lock. If you have locked the channel. use the ADJUST buttons to place the cursor next to the channel whose lock you want to cancel. Press ENTER/EXCH. 6) Press the CANCEL button to unlock that channel, or use the ADJUST buttons to change the channel to a new one. 7) Press the MENU button to return to the "Advanced Features" menu.
<b>IF YOU FORGET YOUR FOUR-DIGIT SECRET CODE, PLEASE SEE THE APPENDIX "PROCEDURE FOR BYPASSING THE PARENTAL LOCK.
HERE IT IS:
If you forget the code, you can view the locked TV without entering the code. To do this, simply press the buttons on your remote labeled "QV" and "9" at the same time whenever your secret code is requested.
IMPORTANT Unlocking with this procedure is only temporary. To cancel the lock completely, follow the procedure below.</b>
1) Turn on your TV. If the TV requests your secret code, press the "QV" button and the "9" button on the remote control at the same time. 2)Press the MENU button to view the main menu. Use the ADJUST button to select "Advanced" Features". Press ENTER/EXCH. 3) Use the ADJUST button to select "Use Parental Lock". Press ENTER/EXCH. 4) Press press the "QV" button and the "9" button on the remote control at the same time, instead of entering the code. 5) If you were using "Lock the TV", the lock must be turned off. Using the ADJUST up/down buttons, select the "Off" setting. 6) If you were using the "Lock the Channel", use the ADJUST up/down buttons to place the cursor next to the channel whose lock you want to turn off. Press ENTER/EXCH. 7) Press the CANCEL button to unlock that channel or use the ADJUST up/down buttons to change the channel to a new one. 8) Press the MENU button to return to the "Advanced Features".
IMPORTANT YOU MUST USE THE REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED WITH THIS TV. YOU CANNOT US A REMOTE CONTROL FROM ANOTHER MITSUBISHI COMPONENT AND YOU CANNOT USE "UNIVERSAL" REMOTES FROM OTHER MANUFACTURERS
Press menu for the menu to appear. Press the Up or down button to select features then press ok to display the features screen. Press the up or down buttons to select child lock then press ok the pin input appears. Input (3001) with channel select. The child lock menu appears and the pin is cleared. You can then enter a new pin. Hey if this works give me a vote please so I'll know if I helped.
PIP (Picture-in-Picture) Picture-in-Picture is a feature which allows you to watch two different signal inputs simultaneously, when selected. Press menu, go to set up (the wrench icon). Drop down one to the button and highlight the option. Press the button to activate the PIP feature, which will bring up a display showing Style. Press either the or button to select it to be either PIP, POP or OFF. Press either the MENU key to return to the previous menu display or the EXIT key to return to your program if task has been completed. If PIP is selected, then you will have the options of selecting the Input (Refer to PIP mode on page 60 of this manual; for different combinations), Size (The size of the little box to watch the second signal) and Position (Where you want to place the little box with the second signal). If POP (Regularly called Picture-by-Picture) is selected, you will only have the option to select the Input as the screen will display the two different signals side by side; each one occupying half of the screen. Using the AUDIO key allows you to select which audio
try bringing up the menu, and see if there's an option "factory default", and try that. you didn't mention what button on the remote you press to get rid of the popup, or what feature you are turning off to get rid of the popup,