Question about Canon DR-7080C Flatbed Scanner
We are experiencing frequent paper jams and irregular paper feed into the scanner. The amount of sound heard when we scan has increased, as if the paper were sticking as it feed through the machine. Any Suggestions, as can we replace the rubber roller feeds?
Frequent jams are because either scanner picks up more than one paper or does not pickup at all. If scanner picks up more than one paper, then paper is sticky. If the paper is thin, it can pick up two at a time. Fan the papers so that they are not sticky.
Paper at the point of entry into the scanner must be crisp. If folded or 'dog-eared' trim it. Rotate the paper if any other side is crisp, roate the image later.
Clean all the rollers thoroughly, the pickup roller, retard roller and other rollers in the scanner. One can rotate the inner rollers and clean totally, not just waht is seeable area. If the rubber is worn out, it must be replaced. TRy a single page to check if the rubber is okay. Jarring noise is because the motor is 'stopped' and cant rotate because paper is stuck. This can affect motor/inner parts, but is designed for normal use.
Posted on Feb 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2014 | Fujitsu fi-5900C Pass-Through Scanner
Dec 16, 2013 | Fujitsu fi-5750C Flatbed Scanner
Nov 26, 2013 | Fujitsu Fi6130z Sheetfed Scanner
1. Do the documents satisfy paper specification?
2. Have the documents been jogged?
• Align the edge of documents for stable paper feeding.
• Remove documents with crease or dog-ear.
• Scanning different width of documents may cause skew and result in paper jam.
3. Are Chuter Unit (ADF paper chute),Guide P ASSY (Sheet guide), Feed roller cover (plate guide) and Brake roller cover installed correctly?
4. Clean the Feed rollers, Eject rollers,Plastic rollers, glass surface and paper feeding surface, and see if the error is
5. Replace Pick roller or Brake roller, and see if the error is resolved.Check the consumable counter from the TWAIN driver screen or from the built-in Maintenance mode. When the counter exceeds the values, replace Pick roller or Brake roller.
6. If the issue still persists, then you are recommended to contact the nearest Fujitsu service center for further assistance.
Hope the above information is helpful.
Thanks & regards,
May 03, 2013 | Fujitsu Scanners
I am a Support Engineer with Xerox Scanners.
E8 is a Paper Jam error that could be caused by:
- paper crumpling during scan.
- paper is multi-feeding all at once instead of feeding separate.
- scanner continuously tries to feed after paper has fed through.
if the paper is crumpling during the scan, make sure the inside of the scanner is clear of any obstructions. use the paper guides in the ADF tray to keep the paper straight when feeding in.
if the paper is multifeeding while scanning, fan out the pages before inserting them into the scanner. if problem persists, try cleaning the rollers with rubbing alcohol and a lint free cloth.
if scanner tries to continually feed after the paper feeds through, the ADF tray will need to be reseated. open the scanner and remove the ADF tray at the top. line up the 4 keys at the bottom of the tray with the 4 corresponding key slots inside the scanner. push the tray back until it clicks into place.
We also have an extensive support site and knowledgebase at http://www.xeroxscanners.com/en/en/support/
If you continue to experience trouble, please feel free to contact us by calling 800-648-0410.
Xerox Scanners Support
Jan 28, 2013 | Xerox DocuMate 162 Pass-Through Scanner
Aug 10, 2010 | Fujitsu ScanPartner fi-4120C2 Path-Through...
Oct 07, 2009 | Canon DR-9080C Path-Through Scanner
Apr 16, 2009 | Canon DR-5010C Scanner
Jan 02, 2009 | Panasonic KV-S2046C Pass-Through Scanner
Sep 30, 2008 | Xerox DOCUMATE 510 Flatbed Scanner
574 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: