Turn on power and the lites for paper and ink red LCD lights flash back and forth, when opening the door ink tray usally move to the center of the printer to remove ink . just sets on the right side . power lite is not on if you press power and ink button on at the same time nothing happens except paper lcd lite flashes. Help
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Epson Stylus C68
Turn the printer off. Open the cover and check for any foreign objects that can cause your print head not to move. Check if you have put the ink cartridges correctly and make sure that the cover for the ink tray is closed. Turn the printer on, if your going to see the same status of the lights, it will be a hardware issue.
Contact Epson Technical Support.
United States Phone Number: (562)276-7525 Hours: Mon.- Fri. 6AM-8PM (PT) Sat. 7AM-4PM (PT)
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Have you tried a cleaning cycle? If not, try one. Now run a nozzle check using the status monitor (right click the little printer icon in the bottom right corner of the screen and select nozzle check). Is there any sign of ink on the paper. Try up to three cleaning cycles. If ink is now flowing, but not yet perfectly, don't carry out any more cleaning cycles. Just leave the printer for 24 hours (to allow any air in the print head to disperse). Then repeat the cleaning cycle/wait process. It may take a while to restore a perfect nozzle check print. If these actions produce no positive results, report back.
There is also the "generic" approach. Turn the printer on, and as soon as the print head starts to move, pull the power lead out of the printer, or turn it off at the mains. The print head should now be free to move (gently!) by hand to the cartridge change position. The snag here is there is no inherent means of running an ink charge cycle - do a couple of head clean cycles instead.
I just like to ask to where specifically you can see the red light. It will
help us determine what cause the red light. To give you heads up as well, the
Printer's LCD screen can help us determine what exactly the offline condition
of the CX3200 is:
message: No color or black ink cartridge-->Press the Color Copy button to
install a new ink cartridge.
Solution: The indicated ink cartridge is not installed. Please install the
message: Color or black ink out -- >Press the Color Copy button to begin
replacing the ink cartridge.
Solution: The indicated ink cartridge is out of ink. You will need to replace
the necessary ink cartridge(s).
Message: Ink cartridge error -- > Press the Color Copy button to begin
replacing the ink cartridge.
Solution: There is something wrong with the ink cartridge. Make sure the
cartridge is genuine Epson ink. Also, try reseating the cartridge (remove it, and
then reinstall it).
Error Message: Paper jam or misfeed -- > Press the Color Copy button and
clear the paper jam by hand if necessary.
Paper is jammed. Check for any obstructions under the unit's cover, and in the
Error Message: Paper out -- > Load paper in the sheet
feeder and press the Color Copy button.
Solution: Load paper in the sheet feeder, and then press the Color Copy button
to continue printing.
Error Message: Scanner unit open -- > close the scanner unit
Solution: Carefully close the scanner and press it down until it clicks
securely into place.
Error Message: Scanner error -- > See your documentation and call service if
Solution: Press the ON button to turn off the Epson Stylus CX3200. Unlock the
transportation lock, if necessary. If it is already unlocked, toggle the lock
back and forth, 5-10 times. Turn on your Stylus CX3200 again.
Printer error -- > See your documentation and call service if necessary.
Solution: Press the ON button to turn off the Epson Stylus CX3200. Disconnect
it from power, and then reconnect it to power. Press the ON button to turn on
the Stylus CX3200.
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”