Follow the following steps to change your TCP and IP Settings on Windows Vista
1. Go to the Control Panel from the Start menu.
2. Click "Network and Internet" and then "Network and Sharing Center."
3. Click "Manage network connections."
4. Choose which Internet connection you would like to change if you have more than one. Right click on it and select "Properties."
5. Click the "Networking" tab.
6. Choose Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
(Note that "Obtain an IP Address Automatically" works fine generally)
7. Click "Use the following IP Address" to enter your own IP settings.
- Enter IP address (eg. 192.168.1.125) into the box marked "IP Address, press tab "Subnet Mask" would appear automatically (255.255.255.0) and in "Default gateway." type 192.168.0.1.
To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:
- To obtain a DNS server address automatically, click Obtain DNS server address automatically, and then click OK.
- To specify a DNS server address, click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.(which can be obtained from your internet service provider (ISP).
For visual help, check out step by step guide here
Hopr it Helps!