Question about Cameras
I have a Nikon F60 SLR (film) camera with a Sigma 70-300mm DL Macro Super lens. I would like to know if this lens will work on a Nikon D40X Digital SLR camera as I am considering buying one.
Here is Nikon's specs of lens compatibility for the D40X:
Compatible Lenses*: Nikon F mount with AF coupling and AF contacts Type G or D AF Nikkor:
1) AF-S, AF-I: All functions supported;
2) Other Type G or D AF Nikkor: All functions supported except autofocus
3) PC Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/2.8D: Can only be used in mode M; all other functions supported except autofocus
4) Other AF Nikkor*â¹/AI-P Nikkor: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
5) Non-CPU: Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function; electronic range finder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster
6) IX Nikkor lenses cannot be used
*â¹ Excluding lenses for F3AF
They do not recommend 3rd party lenses, ever
Posted on Feb 01, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 02, 2011 | Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DL Macro Super...
Feb 12, 2011 | Sigma 28-80mm Mini Zoom Macro Lens
Dec 16, 2010 | Sigma 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 DL Aspherical...
Nov 11, 2010 | Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DL Macro Super...
Oct 09, 2010 | Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DL Macro Super...
Jul 12, 2010 | Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DL Macro Super...
May 20, 2010 | Sigma 75-300mm f/4-5.6 DL Lens for Nikon...
Oct 06, 2009 | Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 DL Macro Super...
1,993 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!