I have an X1150 and the scanner is not working properly
It was working fine. All of a sudden it started stretching the image being scanned. At first it would work okay for a while and then go wrong again. There is an unpleasant loud noise and the scanner bar swings out diagonally.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, there are many possibilities why your scanner is undetected by your computer. It can be its logical connection, scanner driver or the scanner itself.
If you have Windows operating system, please check Device Manager. In the Device Manager please check for the following:
1. Any yellow or red X's, question marks or exclamation marks related to the scanner. 2. Under the Category of Imaging Devices - Check for Epson Product name.
If IMAGING DEVICES is listed, test the scanner from PAINT as follows. If IMAGING DEVICES is not listed then the scanner is not being recognized. Try another USB port or cable until the scanner shows up in the Device Manager. (The scanner must be on and connected in order for the computer to recognize it)
If you see an Imaging Device that points to your Epson Scanner or Unknown Device that has a yellow question mark or exclamation point, you need to update the driver.
Try to scan in Paint to isolate the issue between your computer and scanner.
To scan in Paint, do the following:
1. Click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > PAINT. 2. Click on FILE then select FROM SCANNER OR CAMERA. 3. Choose COLOR PICTURE. 4. Scan.
If it does not work, it is possible your Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service is not started.
To restart this process please follow the steps listed bellow.
1. Click on Start > Control Panel > Administrative tools 2. Double-click on Services to access the list of available services. 3. In the Services window scroll down to the bottom and double-click on the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service. 4. Select the STOP option. 5. Click the START option to restore the service. 6. Try scanning again into Paint.
If it scans fine, try scanning from the application that you normally use. If you are still unable to scan or receive any error messages, try reinstalling the scanner driver or software.
If you have Macintosh operating system, please check Apple System Profiler if your scanner is properly detected. The reinstall the scanner driver.
If your scanner is still undetected, please contact your scanner manufacturer for any possible driver updates.
Most probably, the scan software is corrupted now. Have you tried uninstalling the software completely, then reinstalling it using the installation cd? What is the operating system of your computer? How is the printer connected to your computer, hardwired or wireless?
As per the information you have provided, I understand that you are receiving an error "No scan option refer to the documentation" on the printer, when you try to print from the front panel of the printer (I mean from the printer's side).
However, plz provide me the proper error message so that I can assist you in the best possible way. If you are unable to scan from the printer's side, then try to scan from the computer and check if it is working or not. It should work when you try to scan from the computer, if not there may be a communication issue between the two devices.
To check the communication perform the below steps:
IF the printer is connected via USB cable, then perform below steps:
isolate the issue I suggest you to try scanning from the Windows Image
acquisition(WIA) wizard on the computer.
Follow the below steps to
Scan using WIA 1.Verify that the all-in-one product power is turned on and
the printer cable is properly connected.
2.Click Start then Click All
Programs then Click Accessories then Click Scanner and Camera Wizard.
3.Follow the Scanner and Camera Wizard instructions to scan images to
If you are able to scan fine using the above steps, please write back to me along with the exact error message.
Please follow the steps given below to scan from other applications.
Scanning from Microsoft Paint: ======================
1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Paint.
2. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera. If this option is not available, Please let me know.
3. If more than one image source is connected, select the HP all-in-one product and click Next. The scanning software will appear. Preview the image by selecting Preview, or click "Scan" to scan the image directly into Paint.
4. The image will open in paint for editing and/or saving.
Using Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) =============================
Verify that the all-in-one product power is turned on and the printer cable is properly connected.
1. Click Start.
2. Click Control panel.
3. Click Scanner and Camera Wizard.
Follow the Scanner and Camera Wizard instructions to scan images to the computer.
If it is possible to scan from any of the above methods, try to scan from HP schortcut File and get back to me with the results.
Scan Shortcut: ===========
1. Search for the file hpqscnvw.exe 2. File should be available in the following location
C:/Program files/HP/Digital Imaging/Bin folder
3. Create a shortcut on the desktop and double click the same to activate the scanner and try scanning.
Scanning with Windows Photo Gallery ====================================
1. Click the Start ( ) icon. 2. Click All Programs 3. Click Windows Photo Gallery 4. Click File and then click Import From Scanner or Camera 5. Click Import 6. Click Scan
Scanning with Windows Fax and Scanning =======================================
NOTE: This feature works only with Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Enterprise.
1. Click the Start () icon. 2. Click All Programs. 3. Click Windows Fax and Scanning. 4. Click New Scan. 5. Click File and then click Scan.
Scanning with Paint ====================
1. Click Windows. 2. Click All Programs. 3. Click Accessories. 4. Click Paint. 5. Click File and then click From Scanner or Camera. 6. Click Scan.
Scanning from Shortcut File ============================
* Click on the Windows logo to access the start menu. * Click on Computer. * Double click on C:\drive icon. * Double click on Program Files folder. * Double click on Hewlett Packard or HP folder. * Double click on Digital Imaging folder. * Double click on the bin folder. * Locate the hpqscnvw.exe file and double click on it.
Using your MSoffice Word (2003/7) you can simply create a New document and then go to Insert / Picture / From scanner or Camera select TWAIN scanner and satrt scanning from PC (have your document in Lexmark scanner Tray in). Accept or modify settings. Resize or change properties of adquired picture save the Word Document.
You can also use your Picture processing program (Paint or other) Open Paint (or Other) Go to file /adquire/ select your scanning device Scan.
Try scanning from the image software you are using, not from the front panel buttons. Go to the TWAIN options and make sure your scanner is selected, then go to Acquire and the scanner software will start. Scan from there without using the scanner front panel.