Transfer music from pc to A727
To transfer files using PC Studio, from a PC to the handset, follow the steps below:
PC Studio Checklist:
- These instructions assume you currently have PC Studio. If you do not, please check the Samsung Accessories site to purchase the software.
- If the application is not yet installed, insert the CD into the drive on your PC and follow the on screen instructions to install PC Studio 3.0 (version 3.0.1)
NOTE: DO NOT CONNECT USB CABLE DURING PC STUDIO INSTALLATION
- Confirm the handset's USB mode is set to PC Studio by following the steps below:
- While in standby mode, press the left soft key for Menu
- Select Settings (9)
- Select Connectivity (6)
- Choose Select USB Mode (4)
- Highlight PC Studio, using the navigation keys
- Press the left soft key to Save the USB Mode settings
- Launch PC Studio 3.0 (version 3.0.1), you will see "Not Connected" in the bottom right corner
- Plug the USB cable into both the handset & the PC, you will now see "SGH-a727 Connected" in the bottom right corner (See example below)
- Click on Transfer Files, you will now see the PC Studio Phone Explorer appear
- Navigate to the location of the file(s) to transfer then highlight the desired file(s)
- Click on To Phone, on the Phone Explorer menu bar (See example above) to copy to the handset
- From the Search Folder screen, Navigate to the desired destination on the handset
- Click OK to copy the selected file to the handset's memory
- Make sure your USB or Serial cable is compatible with your phone model. You can always check for the correct data cable by looking at the model number on samsungmobile.com in your phone's accessories section.
- If you are using a Bluetooth dongle or IrDA port as your connection, the necessary driver(s) should be provided with their data kit and should be correctly installed and set up prior to the installation of PC Studio.
Hints & Tips:
- Remember to select file formats and file sizes supported by the phone when uploading files to the phone from the PC.
- Remember to select the correct destination folder in the phone when uploading files to the phone from the PC (e.g. mp3/aac files-> music folder, jpeg/gif files-> downloaded images folder, 3gp/mpeg4 files-> downloaded videos folder...)