Question about Lexmark E320 Laser Printer
My lexmark e320 is making a big click/thump when the paper is trying to feed. The paper won't feed and it sounds like the big gray feeder foot/wheel is sticking or something. It registers load paper, but reloading or turning on/off doesn't help. When the paper tries to feed again it thumps.
The printer may report load paper when there is enough paper present in the feeder, however this could be due to number of reasons such as if there is something which is blocking the paper to flow through the feeder anything for example, some foreign martial like a pen or a pencil, please find few steps below to fix this issue.
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine.
2. Confirm that usable paper is set.
3. Confirm that the paper is set properly.
4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets are not exciding the required number limit.
5. Adjust the paper feeder guide to the sheet size.
6. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
7. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridge and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
8. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
9. Try to rotate the wheel inside the feeder if you can reach it, to ensue that it is free enough to pull the paper.
10. Try printing with having only one sheet in the feeder and check if it does work.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even any other compute related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 01, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 27, 2008 | 1996 Buick Century
Jun 20, 2008 | Sunfire True Sub Signature Subwoofer
May 24, 2008 | Kenmore 63942 Dryer
Feb 12, 2008 | JBL SCS125A System
Jul 17, 2012 | Lexmark E320 Laser Printer
202 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!