Question about Lexmark E320 Laser Printer
My lexmark e320 is making a big click/thump when the paper is trying to feed. The paper won't feed and it sounds like the big gray feeder foot/wheel is sticking or something. It registers load paper, but reloading or turning on/off doesn't help. When the paper tries to feed again it thumps.
The printer may report load paper when there is enough paper present in the feeder, however this could be due to number of reasons such as if there is something which is blocking the paper to flow through the feeder anything for example, some foreign martial like a pen or a pencil, please find few steps below to fix this issue.
1. Confirm that no foreign materials are inside the machine.
2. Confirm that usable paper is set.
3. Confirm that the paper is set properly.
4. Confirm that recommended paper is used, and the number of sheets are not exciding the required number limit.
5. Adjust the paper feeder guide to the sheet size.
6. Disconnect the printer power cord as well as the printer cable form the printer.
7. Turn the printer upside down and shake the printer in order to remove any obstacle which is stuck inside the printer causing the paper jam error.
Open the printer cover and remove the cartridge and check carefully if there is any small piece of paper which is stuck inside, if so carefully remove it.
8. Disconnect the printer power cord and press and hold the power button on the printer for about 15 to 20 seconds( this will release the flee power) and reconnect the printer and check.
9. Try to rotate the wheel inside the feeder if you can reach it, to ensue that it is free enough to pull the paper.
10. Try printing with having only one sheet in the feeder and check if it does work.
Should you require any further assistance regarding the printer or even any other compute related issue please feel free to contact me I will be more than glad to assist you.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 15, 2013 | Canon imagePROGRAF iPF8000S 44"...
1. Remove the sheets of paper from the feeder.
2. Grab a flashlight and look inside for any debris.
3. If you're willing and physically able, you may also
turn the printer over. Any debris should just freely roll out from the feeder.
4. If feeder is clear, place the printer back on the
table, open the printer cover and remove the cartridges.
5. Check the cartridge area for any obstructions/debris
that could cause this error or problem.
6. If cartridge area is clear, close the cover.
7. Unplug and re-plug the printer into the power outlet
to reset it.
8. When the printer turns on, reinsert the cartridges and
load some paper. Try to print again.
ns Serif"'>6. When the printer turns on, reinsert one cartridge first.
7. Close the printer cover and check for any errors.
8. If no error appears, reinsert the other cartridge.
Close the printer cover.
9. Replace whichever cartridge is causing the error to appear with a new cartridge.
Jul 11, 2011 | Lexmark X85 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 01, 2009 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 01, 2009 | Lexmark X4250 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 29, 2008 | HP PSC 1610 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Aug 20, 2008 | Canon Printers & Copiers
Mar 11, 2008 | Lexmark E320 Laser Printer
Jul 17, 2012 | Lexmark E320 Laser Printer
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!