Question about RCA P52812BL 52" Rear Projection Television
Hey all, I am new here and got this old tv from a buddy and replaced the flyback and all is well, color good, alignment good, sound good.
The only problem is its a tad bit out of focus.
Anyone know how to adjust the focus on this model.
There is a focus block with 6 buttons, 3 on the top and 3 on the bottom 3 controls the focus for the guns and 3 control the screen adjustment for the CRTs. It is usually located in the front underneath the screen behind the speaker panel and access panel. Some models are in the back of the TV but most are in the front.Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 12, 2010 | RCA F19421 19" TV
Nov 30, 2009 | Zenith R57W46 57" Rear Projection...
Sep 05, 2009 | Sony KP-61V90 61" Rear Projection...
Feb 21, 2009 | Sanyo DS31590 31" TV
Aug 07, 2008 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Mar 16, 2008 | RCA P46921 46" Rear Projection Television
Feb 23, 2008 | Durabrand DWT1905 TV
You have a problem with the three factors, and they are screen voltage, focus voltage, and control (focus 2) voltage. Basically these voltages have to be adjusted since the components in this section have aged some. These controls are usually located in the television on the IHVT (Integrated High Voltage Transformer) or as it is also called the flyback transformer. these controls must be adjusted together, along with the color controls. Here is how the adjustment is done (You will need a schematic diagram, a DC volt meter, and a color bar generator to do these measurments):
1) turn color and tint fully counter clockwise until you have a black and white picture.
2) connect the color bar generator to the TV (ch 3) and turn it on, you should see bars in various shades of gray
3) adjust as best as possible the color and tint controls to obtain the color bars on the screen Red Green Blue.
4) measure the voltages on the focus, screen and control grids of the CRT and match them to the schematic digram measurements.
5) adjust the focus screen and control grids to match the ones on the schematic diagram
6) once this is done then you adjust the color controls once again to obtain the red green and blue bars on the TV screen.
This should help if the CRT (picture tube) electron guns are still good and if the flyback transformer voltage supply is working.
However if you do not have a background in electronics please take the TV to a shop for repairs.
I hope this helps,
Oct 16, 2007 | Sony KV-20M20 20" TV
Sep 20, 2007 | Akai CF2791 27" TV
Jan 25, 2007 | RCA D32F750T TV
100 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: