My pc doesnt load every time I want to turn after i boot the power and press 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th boot... in the screen I can see Dell is loading but doesnt move, i try to press F12 for boot and the...
Are you Sure that the computer model is Dell Optiplex GX260? Because looking at the manual diagnostic lights are found at the back. and the fault can be determine If the ABCD lights are yellow or green. But None the less 2/3 Depicts a hard drive problem while 3/4 depicts a memory issue.
Hard drive Issue:
1. Disconnect all non essential cables at the back of the computer. Leave only the mouse, monitor and keyboard. See if it boots up normally
2. If it boot up fine. try plugging one peripheral at a time until you find which peripheral causes the computer not to POST (Power on Self Test)
3. If you still getting problems, Follow these steps
4. To access the BIOS you must tap F2 or delete key upon turning the computer on
5. Try to look for the Hard drive if it is detected by BIOS if not got to step 9
6. Look for Boot Sequence or anything that is associated Boot
7. The Order boot of must be 1st: DVD Drive, 2nd: Hard drive, 3rd: Network etc.
8. Save the changes and Restart
9. If you still get the same message I suggest that you take out the hard drive and put it back in until it is detected in BIOS
10. If Step 9 did not work I think you need to replace the Hard drive
1. Open the chassis of the computer
2. Try taking out all memory modules
3. Rub the metal contacts of all memory with a pencil eraser
4. If more than one memory. Put one memory first and turn the computer on. If it turned on add another memory and turn the computer on. Repeat these steps until you determine which memory is faulty or all memory module contacts needs cleaning
Jun 16, 2011 |
Dell OptiPlex GX260 PC Desktop