Have Hot Pursuit II running on XP. It will let me use 2 axis 4 button controller for my Ultraracer but I can't find any of the available options that will let me use the throttle feature of the controller. Any thought on that? ........Joe
There is a switch on the one right side of the controler below the wheel switch it to the forward position (Away from you while holding control in your left hand) and go into the control pannel and recalibrate it and then your good to go I have this same control and love it
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The original wheel was not bundled with any drivers or software. The only way to install it is to manually configure it as a four button steering wheel in the control panel in Windows. Here are instructions for Windows XP. They may be slightly different in 7.Control Panel -> Gaming Options -> add -> custom -> 4 button, 2 axis Race Car Controller
I used one like that for my windows xp home PC (It looks just like the Playstation 2 controller) and it worked with MAME (original arcade games that were downloaded on my computer) It comes with a little CD that has the drivers on it...Look on ebay..they are very cheap coming from China and Hong Kong
Here's the instructions on how to relocate buttons:
1. To assign one button (i.e. "R") to perform another buttom function (i.e. "Z"): Press and hold the SET button for about 1 second to enter the "FUNCTION SETUP MODE", the FUNCTION SETUP LED will illuminate and two beeps will be heard.
2. Press the button (i.e. "R") you would like to reassign one time, the FUNCTION SETUP LED will blink once and a single beep will be heard.
3. Press the new, desired function (i.e. "Z") one tim, the NORMAL LED indicator will illuminate instead of the FUNCTION SETUP LED. Two beeps will be heard. The setting process is now complete.
The UltraRacer will only return to its default setting when the buttons "A", "L", and "R" are pressed at the same time BEFORE you turn on the console's power. After about two seconds, the UltraRacer will generate three beeps to acknowledge reset button configuration is set. To reset a particular button, first press the SET button, then press the relocated button twice and then press the SET button once more until the LED light goes off. THe button's original function is used as a default button for further relocation.
These instructions were told to me bay a company selling these controls on AMAZON. I have been trying to reprogram mine and cant figure out where the "R" button is.
Go to control panel double click game controllers Click add from the drop down list click 2 axis 2 button Joystick click ok and wait for it to show in the installed game controllers window highlight the entry and click on properties in the window that pops up click on the settings tab and then calibrate the joystick with the calibrate tab when you have done this your joystick will be working ok.