Question about Kitchen Ranges
Kitchen range suddenly went luke warm. I found one leg has dropped to 21v. At the breaker 220v. Breader seems to be working fine. Outlet seems to be working fine. All wires and connections are in good order. What do I do next or where might I look to find the problem. sumation: Power at box 220v. Power at cable going into socket: 21v on one leg, 240v on other leg...
Ok. lets make some assumtions. You must be of some electrical background to take a measurement such as 240v 21v. I will also assume you are measuring to ground (the half U).
I will also assume you are measuring at the wall recepticle(plug on wall / or even in the back of the range itself if no plugin)
1) four colors there. red, black, white, bare. or u-ground, middle-white, either side red/black.
2) measure from ground (U) to either side. should show 110v each.
3) measure from middle blade to either side and it should show 110v each
4) if either of those reads are not that, then you can look for a nail or a sharp edge that has poked through or cut through the range cable between the panel box and the range.
5) when you find the problem call an electrician in to fix it. it shouldn't cost much as you have done all the leg work.
6) one more thing- make sure the power at the panel box is 220v. I'm not sure how you did that this far, but you must use extreem caution as not to get zaped.
CAUTION must be used with cheap meters, as they can fail also.
7) if the break is close to one end, the electrcian will probebley add on some new cable and you will be ok.
call back with more info if you want :)
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 16, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges
Jan 16, 2010 | Frigidaire PLEF398AC Electric Kitchen...
Aug 26, 2009 | Kenmore 96422 / 96424 / 96429 Electric...
Jul 24, 2009 | Jenn-Air JES9800A Electric Kitchen Range
Mar 11, 2009 | Electrolux 30" Self-Cleaning Freestanding...
Jul 13, 2008 | Frigidaire PLEF398AC Electric Kitchen...
Mar 03, 2008 | Kitchen Ranges
Dec 21, 2007 | GE JBP82 Electric Kitchen Range
Dec 12, 2017 | Whirlpool Kitchen Ranges
239 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!