- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If it sounds like it is running and it lights up it is not the fuse. In my 24 years of service work I've found that the problem you are describing is cause by the failure of the magnitron ( The device that emits the microwave radiation). As your unit is a built in expensive unit I would look into replacing the magnitron. In cheap microwaves I just suggest replacement. If you need further assistance locating a replacement magnitron feel free to cotact me. It is a relatively easy part to replace. You just open the case and unplug it, unscrew it from the unit, and replace it with the new one. In most cases all you need is a philips head screwdriver and some patience. Anyway, I hope this helps you out in your decicion.
HELLO. The solution is to test the magnetron as explain below.
* 1 Fill a mug with room temperature water from your kitchen sink.
* 2 Place the mug of water on the glass cooking plate inside the microwave.
* 3 Set the microwave on "High" for one minute and press "Start." You should hear the magnetron hum while it is working.
* 4 Remove the mug carefully from the oven by its handle. The magnetron is working properly if the water is hot or warm. Contact the manufacturer for repair or a replacement oven if the water is still cold.
When the magnitron fails it will do one of two things, it will give no microwave action to the centerplate or it increases in strenghth many times to where it is very hazardous. Yours appears to be the first case. I;'m assuming that you've checked the fuse on the board, seeing you were already back in there to check the harness to the magnitron.
I believe that there are to fuses inside this unit. One feeds the electronic components and the other feeds the turntable and the magnitron. Un plug the unit and check both fuses, you might get away with this cheaply. Please let me know if this helps. P.S. if one of the fuses continues to blow its time to get rid of the unit, because if they go bad they get stronger and very dangerous. What normally would boil water at 3 minutes could change to 45 seconds. Be careful.