Error code 021 indicates a bad fuser but in some cases, the error can be reset. To attempt a reset, do the following
If this doesn't work, there's one other thing to try prior to calling a technician.
- Remove the toner cartridge and close door back up.
- Power down the fax (switch is on the back side lower left) for 5-10 seconds.
- Power on the fax and see if the 021 code is gone.
- Re-insert toner cartridge
1. Push the function button
2. Push 7 on the key pad
3. Push Monitor button 4 times (it will only beep at you)
4. Push * on key pad
You should now see the service menu option
5. Push 7 on the key pad
6. Push "Set" button
7. Push down arrow button once
You should now see the fuser reset option
8. Push "Set" button
You will be prompted for 1 for Yes 2 for no
9. Push 1 on key pad.
You should receive confirmation that the reset is *COMPLETE*
10. Push Stop button until back to the main screen
11. Power down the fax
12. Wait 5-10 seconds.
13. Power on the fax
If this doesn't work, a service call will be needed to replace the fuser. I do hope this fixes your problem.(reset information courtesy of Eliot at howtomendit.com)