How To Import:
*1. press "File"
*2. hover over "Import" and press on "Music File"
3. go to the folder you have the music in
4. select the music file/music files (you can select more by pressing ctrl (cmd on mac) )
*point 1 and 2 can be done with "Ctrl+O" command in sonicstage!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This seems to be an error message when the database of the SonicStage Software has been changed. I suggest you to backup all the Songs in the Player and update the Software. Make sure that the SonicStage Backup Tool is used for creating a backup disc.
Then, uninstall the SonicStage Software and install the latest version of the SonicStage Software(ver 4.3). Before installing the Software install the SonicStage Security update and then the SonicStage Software version 4.3 for Windows Vista.
After installing the Software the issue will get resolved.
I hade just that prob. "format error" used to display. I did this:
1. dwl sonicStage (free)
2.- in the walkman went to menu/initialize/format
then displayed a confirmation screen, I confirmed
it displayed "formating...... COMPLETE"
3.- THEN plugged into the PC and transfered songs with Sonic
and it worked!
I have this problem too. Found that if you go to the folder that has the music file in it, right click on each problem file and select 'open with -> " and choose Sonic stage, then it will import the file. Next problem may be that it imports it with 'unknown' as the file name but if you then right click on the file within SonicStage and select 'Get CD info' it will find it. Tedious if you have several dozen/hundred files that won't import I'm afraid...
Follow these steps-
- Open the Sony Walkman from "My Computer".
- Open the folder inside, then delete all the "DAT" files.
- Open the second foler which is inside the first foler and delete all these files.
- Close that and then open up "SonicStage"
- Now delete all the files from your library, but, DO NOT delete them from your computer.
- Now import all the songs again and it should pick up the device and start to transfer with no problems.
I have done this with my Sony Walkman and it now works.
If you experiance more problems contact me at