Try to perform a System Reset (see article linked below). If it works
to break the loop, you should then be able to delete the offending "My
Palm" software and perform a Hotsync to backup your data to your
If that doesn't break the loop, you'll have to perform
another Hard Reset. Sometimes, a Hard Reset takes a couple of tries to
get it right, since it's easier to do it wrong than to do it right.
This article discusses the various types of Reset for different Palm devices:http://tinyurl.com/zlwza
Until you break the TX out of its loop, you won't be able to get the data from it.
To see the Palm OS version running on your TX, enter the Menu, select Info, then Version.
To Get Out Of A Loop:
- Perform a SYSTEM RESET by doing the following:
Press the UP Buttonb)
And THEN press and release
the RESET Button c)
When you see the second Logo (Palm Powered) release the UP Buttond)
Now check if your SYSTEM RESET worked by going to Beam Receive.
If it goes back to Off even after you put it to On it means you were successful
2. Now Perform A SOFT RESET by pressing and releasing the button in the back once
- After a soft reset, a logo screen appears, followed shortly by a Preferences screen asking you to set time and date.
- If a soft reset does not break it out of the loop, you may need to try one of the other resets below.
- Do an INCOMPLETE HARD RESET by holding down the power (on/off) button on your device.
- While holding down the power button, Press and release the reset button on the back of your handheld device
- Keep the power button pressed and release it when the “Palm Powered” logo appears.
- A message will now appear warning that you are about to “Erase All Data”. And this will happen if you press UP or DOWN.
- Instead you press left or right to begin a soft reset, leaving your data intact.
- Your device will then take you through a series of screens to calibrate the digitizer and verify the time and date.
Sorry this was so long, I tried to put everything down that might help you.