Question about Dell W3706MC 37 in. LCD HDTV

2 Answers

W3706MC Rear Output Connectors Problem

There are two color coded (Red and Black) sets of output connectors for the speakers. One set quit providing sound to the speaker altogether, the other set works to some degree, except it sounds garbled, as if I was listening an AM radio station. Dell's Decision One (the company that fixes Dell TVs) solution? $687.00 for freight from VA to OH, $262.00 base price for diagnosing the problem, plus parts and labor. I might as well buy a new TV. Warranty is expired. Is there a way to replace those connectors? How can I find out the part number? Another Dell technician suggested I purchase a surround system but I am not sure if a surround system will solve the problem since one set of connectors does not work and the other sounds worst than my local AM radio station. Any suggestions?

Posted by on

2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 4 Answers

I bought one recently from the pawn shop. GREAT BUY for me because it had no sound. Hooking it up to an external Audio Receiver, I use the pass through (Audio Out) from the DELL, and it works like a charm. Try this out!

Posted on Jan 21, 2010

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Expert
  • 90 Answers

I would 1st confirm that the rattling is not comming from the speakers. hook different speakers up to test. if continue to garble, the boardmay have a short. ebay the description audio board for dell ???? you may find it.

Posted on Mar 24, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

RCA jacks on back of flat panel sharp TV set, which are audio ouy

Most TVs have a red and white set of RCA connectors that are marked "OUTPUT" The back panel will also have the same type connectors for audio input.(can be very confusing) They are usually marked input.

In the case where there are no RCA connectors that are marked output then the only choice is to connect into the headset 2.5 mm plug. They make a plug to rca connector cable for this purpose.

Attached is a photo of a different TV only to help to give you an example of how they are usually set up.

Dec 21, 2015 | Sharp Televison & Video

1 Answer

How do i hook cable to w4207 westinghouse

If your output from the decoder box is conventional "type F" termination like the old TV sets, just connect that output to your antenna input on the TV just as before with the analog sets.

If however you have the outputs like on your DVD player, the safe bet is to simply connect with the white, red and yellow RCA type connectors like your home stereo uses, and plug those into the "Cable input" set of connectors on the TV. They are grouped together.

Oct 31, 2011 | Westinghouse W4207 42 in. HD-Ready LCD TV

1 Answer

How do i connect my reciver to my lcd hdtv so the audio is coming from my speakers not the tv speakers.

kindly get four audio RF connection wires look for the audio output on the front or back of your tv. one of the output connection is white the other is red.look for the same connectors on your reciever the same colour.but they are marked input.plug the output wires from your tv to the input connection of your reciever.if you have separate speakers, connect the speaker wires from the output connectors of your reciever so you can get sound comming from your tv through your reciever,good luck.

Sep 25, 2011 | LG Televison & Video

1 Answer

How to connect samsung dvd to samsung tv

Follow these steps: Component Video Connection 1. Get a component video cable. This cable has 3 sets of connectors, one each for the red, blue and green color signals.
2 Match the connectors to the appropriate video output jacks on the DVD player. Component video outputs will normally be labeled Cr/Cb/Cy. The Cy output jack is matched to green, Cr to red and Cb to blue.
3 Run the cable from DVD player to the TV. Most TV connections are made from the back panel, but this may vary.
4 Match the connectors to the appropriate video input jacks on the TV.
If using S-Video Connection
1 Get an S-video cable. This cable has a single round connector with 4 pins.
2 Attach one end of the S-video cable to the S-video output jack on the DVD player.
3 Attach the other end to the S-video input jack on the TV.
Composite Video Connection 1 Get a composite video cable. These types of cables are frequently bundled with two-channel audio cables. Composite video cables are tipped with yellow plugs.
2 Plug one end of the composite video cable into the composite video output jack on your DVD player.
3 Plug the other end into the composite video input jack on your TV.

May 14, 2011 | Samsung Televison & Video

1 Answer

I recently purchased an LG RH397D dvd recorder> Ihave now discovered taht it will not receive the new free view channels and I need a HD set top box. How to I connect the set top box to the dvd...

Hi, The set top box will more than likely have two coaxial connectors ( threaded/ribbed pieces of metal ) coming out of the back. also three R.C.A. connectors-these will be smooth and be colored yellow red and white. one of the coax connectors will say " IN FROM ANT> or CABLE IN) the other ( OUT TO T.V. ) hook up your dvd recorders " ANTENNA " input to the set top box's ANTENNA output. If your D.V.D. recorder doesn't have an antenna input then hook up the recorders audio/video input to the set top box's audio/video output. then you should be good to go. If you buy a H.D.T.V. tuner to receive FREE H.D. programming it may be possible to hook up to recorder with H.D.M.I. cables.( those connections resemble slots ) I hope this has been of some assistance, good luck, Prodzilla.

Apr 02, 2011 | LG Televison & Video

1 Answer

Plasmavision P42HHA10 42 in. Television: how do i get the external speakers to work ?...

Just connect speakers directly to the audio output connectors at rear of display. Ensure display's audio volume is set mid range (and not muted).

May 16, 2010 | Fujitsu Plasmavision P42HHA10 42 in....

1 Answer

Having prblems connecting DVD player...I have 2

The easiest way is to use a scart lead, other than that, Is your TV switched to RGB or Component. I would switch the set between component and RGB. You`ll probably find that this sorts out your problem. If you still have problems, connect the DVD to another set with scarts and double check what the DVD output is set to, either RGB or Conmponent. Ian

Jul 24, 2009 | Protron PLTV3250 32 in. LCD Television

2 Answers

How do I connect external speakers to my set.

Look for the audio output connections.Sometimes,it is at the left or right side, top or back of the set.Usually, the color of the terminals are Red and Black & most of the time there is letter R & L beside each one.R stands for right chanel & L for left chanel. Buy the speakers with the same RCA
input terminal connections w/ that of your set Then buy the cables w/ RCA male connectors.Any sales person at Frys Electronics Costco Sears Best Buy will give you the right accessories you need.

Jun 26, 2009 | Dynex 19 in. LCD Flat-Panel HDTV

1 Answer

Setting up tv sound to come thru stereo speakers


Offhand, your Philips 32PFL7422/98 do not have regular Audio Output RCA jacks (white and red), sorry. However, right before the antenna connector is an S/PDIF output connector. This should allow transfer of digital audio signals from the Philips 32PFL7422/98 to a S/PDIF capable receiver or amplifier. If you would look at the rear of your stereo and determine if it has such an input, then it would be a matter of getting the right cable/connector.

Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.

Nov 16, 2008 | Philips Televison & Video

1 Answer

Sansui 42" Palsma

I assume you are saying that the DVD player only has RCA jacks. It would be good to know if the DVD player has Component output as that is the preferred output. You will know this if the RCA jacks on the DVD are color coded green, blue and red.... You would by a set of component cables, hook to DVD matching colors and then find the same color code on input of the TV. You must also run the red and white cable from the DVD output to the TV input for audio. The input on the TV would be labled component in or input and a #. Simply select the input, or source button on remote to select the input that matches your choice and all should function. If there is no component on the DVD output and only a composit hook up (color code by yellow, red, white) again just match that to the corresponding input on the TV.

Jan 06, 2008 | Sansui HDPDP4200 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Dell W3706MC 37 in. LCD HDTV Logo

370 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Dell Televison & Video Experts

Level 3 Expert

749 Answers


Level 1 Expert

16 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Dell Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides