Question about Epson GT 5500 Flatbed Scanner
Is there a Vista 32bit Drver for this (old) Scanner
Unfortunately Epson has not made a driver for this scanner that is compatible with Vista and from the looks of it, they don't seem to have any plans on making one!
Posted on Jan 30, 2008
I also have an Epson GT-7000 USB scanner which I wanted to use with Windows 7 64-bit. The easiest working solution I've found is to head over to www.hamrick.com and get hold of Vuescan. It costs but it's worth every penny.
From the site: "You can use VueScan on up to four different computers that you personally use, with any combination of operating systems, with any number of scanners, both x32 and x64, with a single license."
It supports over 1750 scanners including the GT-7000 for which it installed the necessary driver. Anyway, I have installed it and now my scanner works perfectly in Windows 7 64 bit and integrates perfectly with Photoshop too. Great stuff!
I hope this info may help others who are in the same situation.
Posted on Nov 24, 2011
I have tried everything in order to get my Epson to work on my Vista 32 bit. It only worked when on the Device Manager, I right-clicked the scanner and selected Update Driver Software>Browse my computer for driver software. KD
Posted on May 06, 2010
This worked for me even on windows 7 RC1 7100, download twain.zip at http://rapidshare.com/files/240897370/twain34.zip.html , use the update driver method and point to the twain/driver folder from the zip file, navagate to the win2000 folder and select ESCANFB.inf and this should install ok (not tried this on x64), i ran paintshop pro 12 and selected import from "twain acquire" and scanner worked fine.
Posted on Jun 04, 2009
I've had a similar problem trying to use my Epson GT-7000 USB scanner with Vista 64-bit. Whilst not perfect, here's my working solution that should hopefully work for your scanner in Vista 32-bit too:
1. Downloaded the Vista x64 Epson Scan (3.450) driver for the GT-2500 from the epson site
2. Installed the drivers
3. Found my scanner's PID in the GT-7000 Win2000 driver ESCANFB.INF file (PID_0101)
3. Opened file es65.inf located in C:\Program Files (x86)\epson\escndv\es0065 in notepad
4. Replaced PID_012B with PID_0101 - more info here: http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=14501&view=findpost&p=349223 (Vista wouldn't let me save over the existing file, so I saved the modified file to the desktop and then copy-pasted over the original)
5. Turned on the scanner, and in Device Manager right-clicked the scanner and selected Update Driver Software>Browse my computer for driver software
6. I selected the location of my modified INF file (C:\Program Files (x86)\epson Include subfolders checked) and it started installing but failed.
7. Repeated steps 5-6 but this time clicked Let me pick from a list of device drivers...>Imaging Devices>EPSON>EPSON GT-2500 (if it's not in the list try Have Disk and browse to the inf file).
8. It should install successfully!
Unfortunately the Epson Scan software doesn't seem to recognise the scanner so I can't use it with Photoshop, but using Windows Fax and Scan software does the trick!
I've tried scanning at 300dpi and it works fine. Not planning on pushing the resolution too high just in case ;)
This method also worked using the Epson Perfection 4870 drivers. Perhaps there's a certain driver that'll allow twain to be used?
I hope this is helpful ^__^
Posted on Nov 04, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 26, 2010 | Visioneer 4800 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 10, 2010 | BenQ Scan to Web 4300U Flatbed Scanner
Oct 30, 2009 | Epson GT 5500 Flatbed Scanner
Sep 01, 2009 | Epson Perfection 610 Flatbed Scanner
Jul 12, 2009 | Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed...
Apr 16, 2009 | Epson Perfection 1660 Photo Flatbed...
Sep 26, 2008 | Microtek ScanMaker X6 Flatbed Scanner
Jun 11, 2008 | HP Scanjet 4070 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 05, 2008 | Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO Flatbed...
Apr 26, 2007 | AcerScan 310P Flatbed Scanner
Jan 21, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
1,597 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: