Here is how I solved this problem. I had a small needle nose vice grip, the 'nose' is about 1 1/2 inches long. I tried to clamp the oval shaped screw heads in the vice grip in a perpendicular manner, ie the vice grip was extending away from the side of the coffee maker. There is a recess in the plastic where the screw heads are seated so they are flush when tightened. The ends of the vice grip were slightly too large to fit in this recess. So I ground down the ends of the vice grip so it could fit in the recess and grip the oval end of the screw. After clamping it tightly, I used an adjustable wrench to turn the vice grip and the screw to successfully remove them. I replaced them with normal Phillips screws during the reassembly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had a similar problem with my GE Washer that leaked, and still won't spin. I fixed the leak though. It was from the pump, which is in the bottom front, and somewhat easy to get to. I just removed the front cover, and the pump is on the right side. The pump itself was not broken but one of the screws was corroded with rust, so water leaked from that area. I just had to take it apart, put in a new screw to get a tight seal, and no more leak.
Look for screws under the top edge of top. Pry gently looking for the spring clips so the top will raise up or the front panel will come off. Also look for screws at the bottom. It depends on your model.
sounds like you have a water leak. The machine is fitted with a leak detection device that runs the drain pump constantly as a safety mechanism. If you want to look your self you will need to pull the machine out and tilt it back and if possible remove the bottom panel, should be 4 screws, this gives you access to the components. If it doesn't come off then you will need to remove either 1 or both of the side panel, its just a number of screws holding them. Then see if you can see where the leak is coming from, you may need to order a new part. Hope this helps.
My older model had cheap plastic type rivets around the window. Of course they broke and water leaked out the window. I took the door apart and put in a new gasket the siliconed the heck out of it!
Put dishwasher on a counter or floor and put a nice thick phonebook under neath the opened door for support. Carefully replace window with gasket and a bead of silicone. Put enough weight on top to press it down and seal it. Leave for 24-48 hrs. I've replaced the window 3 times and this fix has lasted 2 years now. total cost about $10 and a little effort. make sure you use heat tolerant silicone.
If it's leaking directly from the bottom, then it's the flywheel seal. For about $20 you can fix this by unplugging and disconnecting the garbage disposal from the sink, taking it apart and replacing the flywheel seal. I've had to do this only once in my entire life, so it is rare, but happens.
If the leaks comes from somewhere else and just happens to drip along the side and looks like it's coming from the bottom, then you've got problems with the installation. You may be able to fix these types of leaks by tightening the mounting bracket and/or hoses.
The seal between the top and the bottom plate has lost it's integrity. First try tightning the 2 screws on the underside of the iron. If that doesn't fix the problem, then you will need to take the iron apart and fix the seal. That will require you to remove those 2 screws and also a third screw that is up by the toe of the iron underneath the sprayer. You will then need to slowly pull the 2 pieces apart becasue the seal is made of a sticky rubber substance. Once you get it apart, you can then distribute the seal material to cover the bad area. Then just put it back together!
Same problem here. I did get it apart and there are two metal water lines each connected by a rubber fitting that is just slipped on. My guess is that as the rubber connectors get old they start leaking water. I'm going to try putting a small worm clamp on the bottom half of the rubber connectors to see if it stops the leaking.