Question about Samsung Blackjack SGH-I607 Smartphone
I have a new samsung i600. I have setup all the gprs functionality to send and receive sms/mms and to acces the internet. The last thing I'm struggling with is the setup to access my gmail account on the mobile
I can access gmail on my phone; it's fairly straightforward:
- unlock the keypad
- hit the 'envelope' button at the bottom right to go into 'Messaging'
- select the bottom item: "New Acccount"
- choose "Other (POP3/IMAP)" from the e-mail provider list and hit Next
- Enter your name and email address, then hit Next (leave the "Automatic setup" checkbox ticked; it makes no difference)
- hit Next again to skip the automatic configuration
- enter your gmail username (with the @gmail.com bit; I like to use the recent:firstname.lastname@example.org to download only the most recent emails) and password. Leave Domain (if necessary) blank and hit Next
- choose server type "POP3", account name "Gmail" and select whatever network (WAP Gateway or Internet) you want to use, depending on how you want to connect
- Enter the following
- - Incoming Server: pop.googlemail.com
- - Require SSL connection should be checked (ticked)
- - Outgoing Server: smtp.googlemail.com
- - Outgoing server requires authentication should be checked
- - Outgoing server configuration:
- - - Use different user name for outgoing server (if you've used the recent: username for downloading email)
- - - Enter your gmail email@example.com
- - - Enter your password
- - - Leave domain blank and check "save password"
- - - check "Require SSL connection"
- - - then click Done
- - Select however many day's worth of emails you want to download and click Next
- - Select "Never" to connect automatically if you aren't on an unlimited data tariff!
- Click Next then Finish.
Hope this works!
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
I had the same problem.....i atleast hd to set up an account on my computer first, then i was able to access it from my phone. My setting for att data are as follows go to start, then to settings, next to more at the bottom, then to connections, then to proxy, then to att wap, next make sure you have connects from: wap network then have connects to: the internet and have the type: http.....i had no user name or password in the fields below.
Like i said before these are the options i have set for the att data plan.If your using a wireless router as a accsess point i dont have a configuration for that. Hope this helps
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 24, 2011 | Nokia N70 Smartphone
Apr 13, 2010 | Nokia 3230
Feb 23, 2009 | HTC P3300 Smartphone
Apr 28, 2008 | Samsung SGH-U600
Mar 24, 2008 | HP iPAQ hw6515 Pocket PC
Mar 23, 2008 | Sony Ericsson P1i
2,232 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: