It is definately NOT temp related. I have to get this amp fixed because I bought it 7 years ago and its molded into a seat to fit. I sent it away to Protech and they said nothing was wrong with it. I will be driving and all of a sudden the sound will go away, usually fades off first. If I turn it up high it shuts off pretty much. I have remote switches on my dash and if I turn them off then back on sometimes htey kick back on. Im not sure what to do but I HAVE to get this working again. They have been where they are for 5 years and have never had one problem with them. Other amp works fine. The amp not working is a Jensen 300 watt amp 2 channel and I use it for subs. Any help is appreciated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The problem could be a failing magnetron or control board. The tingle may be traceable to a faulty receptacle installation - one with a floating ground or incorrect wiring such as reversal of the hot and neutral lines. The vibrating sound seems to be one of the quirks of GE microwaves.
My sony did almost the exact same thing. I removed the bulb & cleaned all the dust out of the cooling ducts & the screen on the bulb was full of dust. That bought me about a month, then I replaced the bulb & haven't had a problem since(over a year ago). Just make sure you NEVER touch the glass of the new bulb with your hands,oil on your skin will greatly shorten the bulb life! I found a bulb at a local electronics store for under $200.00... don"t forget to clean dust from cooling ducts,& make sure cooling fan is working, bulb gets extremely hot!
The problem is hard to track down, but fixable. You need to determine if the pre-amp has failed or the power amp. To determine which try this: Connect a device which plays music and turn the volume control fully up! You can sometimes hear the sound better via a pair of headphones. If you can hear any signal or music breaking through, then the pre-amp section is OK. If you can't it might not be. If you can hear faint music then it will be the main power amp to blame. Now because you have lost both channels you must only investigate devices (such as IC's) which have both channels running to them. Some amps have one big power amp IC that does the work. So if that goes it takes the sound with it. Have a look at whatever is on the big heat sink first, that will determine a lot of your future actions.
It sounds like you are describing an earth loop problem. I won't go into detail in this post, but try an isolation test first. disconnect everything from the reciever except the sub and try connecting say a BATTERY powered mp3 player or cd player to minimise connections to the electrical mains earth. you could also isolate things by taking your sub to a friend's house and trying it on their system. If it is an earth loop use a process of elimination to find out which two pieces of equipment causes the earth loop. then apply filtering. you can buy earth loop isolation transformers for about AU$26 and I've used one on my sub myself. Theyhave RCA (phono)plugs on each end and they connect inline with the signal cable to the sub amp.
as for the thumping sound it might be the speaker protection circuitry cutting off the amp to protect the subwoofer speaker from damaged. This might be triggered if the earth loop sound is causing the sub amp to overload and clip.
Failing this there might be a dried out overheated electro capacitor in the amp circuit causing the hum. Hav a chat to your local electronics person, who should be able to spot it! Hope this puts you on the right track Happy Hunting!
try to open the unit.then check for anything suspicious, like connectors if properly connected etc.then , power it on.look for something that causes the fan to stop running or anything related to that.check the lamp, too.
Sounds like the starter stays "sticked"on... Check the starter relay or after the sound goes away touch the starter for heat. If its too hot it means it stays on working even when the engine is allready running...
A code 7 is related to a hardware problem that reqiures service.
If you want to get a referal to a Philips authorized service center call 888-744-5477 and they can prive contact info for a servicer in your area.