Question about Sony Ericsson P900
I am looking to change a cracked touchscreen on my P900 and am looking for assistance on how to do it. I have the phone apart and have detached the screen unit from the motherboard. I would be greatful if you could guide me on how to carry on from here
The screen consist of two parts: touchscreen(TS) itself and LCD screen. They're attached mechanically, not with glue or solder.
TS glued to metal frame and by mean of this frame(mechanically) attached to LCD(like shoebox cover) - you can see pits on side.
1. With sharp blade of razor or scalpel gently remove this frame with TS glued on top.
2. Then remove TS from the frame (I simply broke it and removed glass pieces from the frame)
3. Clean the frame with alcohol to remove glue and grains of glass.
4. Glue new TS to the frame at ONE SITTING!
5. Wipe out dust from LCD and inner surface of TS and attach the frame.
6. Buy conducting glue and connect 4-contacts of TS cable with LCD cable. Put adhesive tape over them to maintain electric connection.
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2017 | The Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 16, 2016 | Polaroid Tablets & eReaders
Mar 08, 2015 | Clarion NZ503 In-Dash 7" LCD Touchscreen...
Oct 07, 2014 | Eclipse Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 21, 2012 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 12, 2009 | T-Mobile Wing™ Smartphone
Nov 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jun 22, 2007 | Sony Ericsson P900
Oct 27, 2017 | Sony Ericsson P900
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!