Question about Sony Ericsson P900
I am looking to change a cracked touchscreen on my P900 and am looking for assistance on how to do it. I have the phone apart and have detached the screen unit from the motherboard. I would be greatful if you could guide me on how to carry on from here
The screen consist of two parts: touchscreen(TS) itself and LCD screen. They're attached mechanically, not with glue or solder.
TS glued to metal frame and by mean of this frame(mechanically) attached to LCD(like shoebox cover) - you can see pits on side.
1. With sharp blade of razor or scalpel gently remove this frame with TS glued on top.
2. Then remove TS from the frame (I simply broke it and removed glass pieces from the frame)
3. Clean the frame with alcohol to remove glue and grains of glass.
4. Glue new TS to the frame at ONE SITTING!
5. Wipe out dust from LCD and inner surface of TS and attach the frame.
6. Buy conducting glue and connect 4-contacts of TS cable with LCD cable. Put adhesive tape over them to maintain electric connection.
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2015 | LG Cell Phones
Apr 27, 2015 | Cell Phones
Apr 17, 2008 | Sony Ericsson P900
Jun 22, 2007 | Sony Ericsson P900
111 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!