Question about JVC TH-M303 System

1 Answer

No Sound even through SCART

I picked up this for free so can't complain that it has no sound really. i have to get the din plug to connect this to the subwoofer if anyone knows the part number of that? However i thought the unit would still play sound through the tv via the SCART lead but it doesn't even do this. Should this unit play sound without the subwoofer/ surround connected the same as a normal dvd? Picture is fantastic!

Posted by on

  • member69 Feb 20, 2008

    i can see where you're coming from with regards to wanting to run the surround unit but surely if you wanted to have that switched off and only use the tv speakers for sound the dvd unit should still produce sound on it's own.



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert that hasĀ over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 322 Answers

The subwoofer is your amp so it won,t give sound till you get the part any electrical shop should help you if you exsplain what you need ?

Posted on Jan 28, 2008

  • robert smith
    robert smith Feb 20, 2008

    only the tv speaker soround sound speaker have there own amp with out the sub woofer which contains the amp all your get is just normal the only thing you have a chieved is to exstend your speakers for your tv you dont have to perchess a sub woofer all you need is a amp with auxsilairaly on it or if you have a suround music center you can achief the same thing throw that



1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I'm trying to locate a conversion plug, the subwoofer is a JVC powered sub . The connecter number is xv - thm 505. Next numbers are xv- thm 606 I need a female RCA to the sub 8 pin mini din W

not sure where you are based, but have you tried maplins electronics store? They tend to carry a large stock of lpugs and cables, plus they do seem to deal with audio equipment. Good luck.

Mar 20, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

SP-PWM508 subwoofer input conections

sub hooper power was not come.

Feb 11, 2010 | JVC TH-M603 System

1 Answer

I have a Lifestyle 35 and want to replace head unit with a 5.1 receiver. The Bose subwoofer model LSPS uses a network type cable connector on the sub side and a male din plug on the head unit side of...

The entire 5.1 amplification system, in the Bose Lifestyle 35, is actually part of the Bose Acoustimass (subwoofer) module. The RJ-45 (network type) connector passes a low-voltage signal from the console to the Acoustimass module. If you were to hack the connection, and plug the speaker outputs of a 5.1 receiver to the RJ-45 socket on the Acoustimass module, you would blow the amplifier.

If you are really itching to replace the Bose Lifestyle 35 console with a regular 5.1 receiver, I strongly suggest you sell your Bose system, and purchase a Bose speaker system, such as the Acoustimass 10 Home Theater Speaker System, which is made for use with a standard 5.1 surround sound receiver.

Dec 26, 2009 | Bose Lifestyle 28 System

1 Answer

Spark Plugs Manufacturer Specs

AC Delco is the only plugs I will sell to anyone with a newer style GM of any kind. I have sold "other" brands of plugs for them, but the customer always comes back complaining. I don't know why, but anything else will cause a miss. You can go ahaead and run something else if you really want to- but I warned you no matter what anyone else says.

Sep 14, 2009 | 1999 GMC Jimmy

3 Answers

Acoustimass 9

Acoustimass 10 IV cable


Feb 29, 2008 | Bose Acoustimass 15 System

1 Answer


1st u need to covert stereo cable with stereo conversion pin which avelieible in electronic consumer store after u got this cable u able to connect ur speakers directly to play station or a tv

Feb 19, 2008 | JVC TH-A9 System

1 Answer

JVC XV-THC4 Home Theater System

it a 8pin din cable ,,,,I picked up one from a specialty cpu shop in Norcross,Ga

but search ""8pin din cable"" see what you find!!!!

the power cord is extremely common ,you can find that one anywhere ,,,,,most any dvd player ,playstation etc etc etc uses that cord

Sep 17, 2007 | JVC THC4 Home Theater System with 5-Disc...

1 Answer

Harman kardon Audio Viseo Receiver shut down- no longer providing sound

as I understand it, these systems use a DIN plug and sometimes these DIN plugs can get damaged seperating connections inside of the plug itself, try testing these connection from the tips of each pin to the other end of the cable and see if you can find a connection for each pin. if so then you have eliminated that as the issue, also, if they are all good and you can get me a diagram of where each color goes, that would be great so I can help others with this issue in the future.

Jan 14, 2007 | Harman Kardon Festival 80 System

Not finding what you are looking for?
JVC TH-M303 System Logo

144 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top JVC Audio Players & Recorders Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75169 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5342 Answers

Are you a JVC Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides