Question about Philips SA5125/37 MP3 Player
Its plugged up but every time i try and see if it is charged, my computer says that it is not connected.
You will probably have to perform a Repair, but start simple:
1) Reset your GoGear - paperclip into reset hole while player is turned on
2) Restart your computer
3) go to www.usasupport.philips.com and follow the frequently asked question for your SA5125 - My player is not recognized by PC
4) Repair the device: (WARNING: this will delete all files off your GoGear)
1) Backup all files on the GoGear
2) Open up Philips Device Manager (Start --> All Programs --> Philips)
3) Click on the Repair Tab, and look for a msg that says connect the player while holding the volume + button
4) Disconnect the GoGear from the computer and turn the GoGear off - hold in the volume + button and continue to hold it as you reconnect the GoGear to the computer; after holding the volume + button for up to 20 or 30 seconds, a window will open up saying that your device is being repaired (now you can let go of the volume + button); after the repair is successfully complete, your GoGear will be good as new.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
My mp3 is say it die on me
i need help
Posted on Apr 01, 2012
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Nextar MA 166 MP3 Won't Charge
You have to install the software for the mp3 player BEFORE connecting the mp3 player to the computer, or else Windows XP will override the native drivers. That particular Nextar is not compatible with Windows Vista, so you may have a problem if you have a newer computer.
-Tha Mp3 Doctor
Posted on Feb 15, 2009
I'm pretty sure I fixed a similar problem. Go to your device manager on your PC and uninstall the walkman driver. After this is complete just plug the walkman back into you Pc and the plug and play will download the driver again. This worked for me. My operating system is Windows vista.
Posted on May 29, 2009
I assume from your description that either you are running a version of Windows older than XP/2000 or you need a special driver. Here is a link for the driver(s) you will need. Just enter your model number and select your version of Windows. Download and run the file and you should be up and running shortly.
Posted on May 30, 2009
People on other posts said to get a wall charger and that'll work. We looked for one, but couldn't find one. We ended up using a usb camera upload cord that had the same connector. It charged just fine after that. We have a 180 Eclipse mp3 player...I'm guessing the cord connectors are pretty universal.
Posted on Apr 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 09, 2014 | Ematic Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 03, 2012 | Philips GOGEAR SA6045 MP3 Player
Mar 08, 2012 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jul 13, 2011 | Mach Speed TRIO Onyx MP3 Player
May 14, 2011 | Sony E-reader Portable E-book MP3 Player
Mar 05, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Jun 25, 2008 | Apple iPod shuffle MP3 Player
Nov 01, 2007 | Audiophase MDP-1 Personal MiniDisc Player
1,622 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: