Question about Mintek LCD TV Progressive Scan DVD Player
I understand your problem. Please try my solution and even though it is the same manufacturer but a different model number
but I think it will work. I have posted my solution in this site
and also other fix-it sites but I will post it here for you.
Late last year, my friend had the same problem. She and her friends tried for two months but it was impossible to physically pulled the stuck DVD out from the unit. I was happened to be in the area and she asked me if I can help her retrieved her movie
DVD disc which was stuck inside the MinTek DTV-265-D.
GOOD NEWS! I was successful in getting the
stuck DVD disc out of the unit and back into her hands.
Here is what I did to fix the stuck DVD problem:
Phillips Screwdriver (magnetic head will be the best)
Tweezers - Only if you don't have a magnetic Phillips screwdriver
Large flat padded table because you will need it to lay the TV - flat.
I did it by myself but having an extra hands is a plus.
1. Disconnect power cord, power switch button "off" position, unplug cables and video cables from the unit.
2. Place the TV unit flat on the surface - screen on the bottom - Back cover side facing up
3. Back Stand: Remove the TV bracket stand in the back by unscrewing the 8 screws.
4. Back Cover: Unsecured the back cover panel side of the unit - 9 screws (After unscrewing the screws you might need to use the tweezers to lift and remove the screws.)
5. Back Cover: Carefully lift (unlock) the back cover panel slightly away from the screen unit slowly because it is wired to the circuit board. In other words, you can't remove it completely which it is OK and it is not necessary. This back cover panel removal sounds easy but the cable coaxial connector block it and making it difficulty.
Therefore, you will have to wiggle the cover until it is free and away from the coaxial connector because you will need some clearance space to access the DVD unit.
6. DVD Unit: Unlock the DVD unit by unscrewing 4 (silver) screws.
7. Now you are set and ready to release your stuck DVD.
An extra hands will be nice to have but two hands is a requirements to do the next couple of steps.
8. DVD Unit:
On the front side, locate the two (black triangle-shape or arrow shape) slot holders.
They are in a locked position.
Using your fingers lift and hold both sloth holders in the up position.
(You might have to raise these holders (up and down) several times.)
As you are holding up these slot holders please perform the next step (#9).
Push power button on the unit switch "on"
Plug back the power cord into the unit AC inlet
Unit Ready Light: "red" standby light is on
Remote Control: Press the power/DVD button - st the remote to DVD Unit Ready Light: "Green"
** Important: Step No. 8 and Step No. 9 must be done simultaneously **
10. VIOLA! The DVD disc will automatically slide out of slot from the DVD unit.
Posted on Feb 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 17, 2012 | Sony DVP-S7000 DVD Player
Jul 18, 2011 | Philips MWD2205 DVD Player/VCR
May 01, 2011 | Mintek DVD-1600 DVD Player
Mar 29, 2011 | Mintek MDP-1750 DVD Player
Feb 25, 2011 | Mintek DVD-1600 DVD Player
Aug 26, 2010 | Mintek DVD-1600 DVD Player
Dec 30, 2008 | Goldstar GBV241 DVD Player/VCR
Oct 24, 2007 | Mintek LCD TV Progressive Scan DVD Player
Oct 29, 2013 | Mintek LCD TV Progressive Scan DVD Player
143 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: