I have exchanged both ink cartridges, followed alignment instructions. I get to the point where I place the pattern page on the scanner glass, press enter but the message 'Aligning. Please wait' keeps flashing without anything happening. I have tried turning the printer off and waiting, I have tried unplugging the printer and waited but without result. I can still print but not use either the scanner or the copy function.
I have tried this procedure several times.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Here's how to stop the unwanted print out of test pages.
1. Let the printer print the test page. 2. Place the printed test page in the scanner face down and wait for 10 seconds. 3. Press the scan button of the printer to scan the printed test page. Make sure that the printer scanned the document properly.
That's it. Every time you install a new cartridge, the printer aligns the print cartridge as well as testing/aligning the scanner.
Note: Try to look at the top of the test page, it should have instructions to place it in the scanner.
I hope that this will help. Thank you for using FixYa. Jas247
The instructions displayed on the computer screen during the Print Cartridge Alignment are incorrect. If the printed alignment page is placed on the scanner glass and the Scan button is pressed as instructed on the computer screen, the all-in-one will beep and the control panel display will indicate Busy . The all-in-one will not align the print cartridges.
The instructions on the printed alignment page or the all-in-one control panel display are correct. Follow the instructions below:
Place the alignment page on the scanner glass and then press the OK button on the all-in-one to complete the print cartridge alignment.
Perform the following steps to align the ink cartridges:
Disconnect the power cord from the unit, wait five seconds, and then plug it back in. This will reinitialize the unit.
Print another alignment test page. If the Press Enter to align message is not currently on the front panel display, complete the following steps to print an alignment page:
Press Setup or Menu on the front panel (depending on the model).
Press the right arrow button (>) until Maintenance or Tools is displayed, and then press Enter or OK (depending on the model).
Press the right arrow button (>) until Align Print Cartridges is displayed, and then press Enter or OK (depending on the model).
To determine if the automatic alignment is functioning correctly, look into the output tray as the alignment page is printing; a blue light should be visible periodically on the page as the cartridges move back and forth. If this light is not visible, the product will not be able to align the cartridges and will require service. Service the product.
If the blue light is visible and the alignment pages are printing correctly, but the alignment pages still fails, there still may be a hardware problem with the unit.
If there are no other printing problems and you wish to continue, use the information in the Bypassing the ink cartridge alignment section below to bypass the alignment. The information from last successful alignment will be used.
If the message keeps reappearing or other print quality problems occur, service the product.
Models with a semi-automatic print cartridge alignment
Some HP products have a semi-automatic alignment process. These models do not have an additional sensor and will print two pages for the alignment process instead of one. The alignment page must be placed on the scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder (HP Officejet V series) and scanned.
Disconnect the power cord, wait five seconds, and then plug it in. This reinitializes the product and forces the scanner to calibrate again.
Examine the scanner glass and white scan backing. Clean the scanner glass and scan backing if they are not clean. To clean the scanner glass and scan backing, use a soft cloth towel slightly dampened with clean water.
With the product turned on, open the scanner cover and check the bulb assembly. If the scanner bulb is not lit, the product must be serviced.
Verify that the alignment page is placed correctly on the scanner glass or in the ADF (if the product has one). Place the printed side down.
5. Make a copy of the alignment page. The unit will make a copy even if the alignment message is displayed. Compare the copy to the original. If vertical lines appear in the copy, check to see if the scanner assembly requires cleaning. If cleaning the scanner assembly does not correct the problem, service the product.
6. Use the information in the Bypassing the ink cartridge alignment section below to bypass the alignment. Operate the HP All-in-One to determine if there are other problems. The unit should be serviced if other error messages or problems occur or if alignment problems occur every time the ink cartridges are changed.
To bypass the ink cartridge alignment:Press and hold the Setup button, and then press Options (or Copy Options ).
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
After replacing the ink cartridge you should print the alignment page to work product perfectly. Follow the below instructions to print alignment page:
Turn on the HP PSC 1200 or 1300 series
Disconnect the USB cable from the all-in-one.
Press the sequence of front panel buttons below to
start the print cartridge alignment process.
The button-press sequence must be completed within
ten seconds. It might take several tries to complete the sequence within ten
Press and hold Cancel .
While holding Cancel , press On .
When the Check
Paper and Check Print Cartridge
lights begin to blink simultaneously, release both buttons.
Press Cancel again.
Press Copies .
Start Copy .
The alignment page will begin printing.
If the alignment page does not print, repeat the
button-press sequence in this step.
When the alignment page has printed, place the page
face down on the scanner glass and press Scan .
The alignment is complete when the On light stops blinking.
Reconnect the USB cable.
If the issue still persists, perform semifull reset by following the below instructions
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the
Wait 30 seconds and plug the power cord back into
the wall outlet.
Plug the power cord to the back of the
When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the
On/Resume and Number of Copies Buttons.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is
1. Please Load a plain paper.
2. Press and hold the "Scan" button for three seconds.
3. An alignment page prints.
4. Place the alignment page onto the scanner glass.
5. Press the "Scan" button.
6. Once scanning is complete, the cartridge has been aligned for optimal print quality. Alignment must be complete before continuing with any print jobs.
I just noticed in the link to your forum item that additional text appears that does not appear in the item itself. It looks like you are getting a message telling you to press Enter to align your print carriage. This is a common step after you replace an ink cartridge. According to HP.com, here's what you are supposed to do:
"A message will appear in the front panel display requesting that the ink cartridges be aligned. Press Enter to start the cartridge alignment. Two pages will print. Following the instructions printed on the second page, place the first page on the scanner glass in the lower-right corner and then press Enter to finish aligning the cartridges. Remove the page from the scanner glass when complete".
This issue occurs if the alignment page is not perfectly or with good colors. Replace the low ink cartridge. If the ink levels are good do the following steps to clean cartridges :
1. Turn the unit on and open the lid or top cover. 2. Remove the cartridges. 3. Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well), wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold contacts. 4. The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth, 5. gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom. 5. Re-insert the cartridges and close the printer's top cover.
Steps to manually align cartridges
1. Press Setup until Maintenance appears, and then press Enter.
2. Press until Align Cartridge appears, and then press Enter. Two pages are printed, one with instructions and one with patterns.
3. Follow the instructions on the instruction page, then place the page with patterns on the glass and press Enter. The cartridges are aligned correctly.
If the issue persists do the below to by pass alignment :
Press Setup and Options (or Copy Options) simultaneously when align message is prompted on the All-in-One.