This happens because files on your card are corrupted after an unsuccessful download.
If you have a card backup at hand, put the
card into a computer, format it , and restore backup.
After that the TOMTOM will restart working normally.
If you did not make a copy or backup of
the original card, or you cannot reach the computer hosting the last
backup.Then follow the procedure below to restore your data :
Uninstall the application
Reinstall the application
We highly recommend backing up your device before continuing.
This will preserve any maps and voices you may have purchased.
1. Connect your device to your computer.
2. Go to Computer
(Vista), My Computer
(XP) or your Desktop
3. Double-click the TomTom disk drive to open your TomTom.
4. Make sure that hidden folders and files are shown. To do this:
- Vista: Go to Organize > Folder and Search Options, click on the View tab and select the option Show hidden files and folders.
- XP: Tools > Folder Options..., click on the View tab and select the option Show hidden files and folders.
- Mac: With the exception of some system files, your Mac should already show all hidden files and folders on the TomTom drive.
5. Identify the map folders on the TomTom. These are named for countries or regions such as USA_and_Canada, North_America
or any other country or geographical region.
6. Delete all files EXCEPT these map folder(s) and the folder titled ASR
, if it exists (the ASR folder will not appear on every device).
7. Properly disconnect the TomTom from the computer and exit TomTom HOME, if it is open.
- Vista/XP: Right-click the TomTom drive and choose Eject.
- Mac: Drag the TomTom drive to your Trash.
8. When the TomTom boots you should see a screen with the flashing X.
Proceed to reinstall the application (below):