Question about Washing Machines
Hello there, i have a service washing machine model no m6713w nd it tripped the electricity off yesterday and now this morning it wont turn on or off when i press the button in, sometimes all the lights light up on the front panel please could someone advice as to what might be wrong please thanking you mrs roberts
This happend to me once, and it was in relation to a blocked intake filter.
- Check that the intake houses are not cloged and the small filter under neath is clean (Use an old tooth brash)
- Also check the opening on the front bottom left of the machine. (Open with a flat head screw driver)
. My one had coins in it. Note: drain with the small pipe into a backet so when you open it you don't have watter everywere.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
This might be Lid cover open protection. There is a small magnet at the edge of the lid cover, housed in some sort of a catch.
If the plastic housing cracked, the magnet might have dropped into the washing drum. To overcome this, place a magnet on the position where the plastic catch will contact the washer when the lid is close.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
SOURCE: electrical fault
First of all, unplug your washer. You will need to remove the console in order to get to the lid switch. The washer may have release tabs under the console at each front corner. Simply slide a putty knife straight in from the front at each corner and push in while lifting up. You should feel the release tabs push in and the console will pop up. If not equipped with this type of console, you may have a console that has removable end caps. They can be removed by gently prying up on the top of them from the rear on each side. You may have to use a small screwdriver for this. The caps should pop right off. Once removed, you will need to loosen a screw under each cap. Once you have the console loosened, carefully lift it up and lay it back over the rear panel of the washer in its resting position. Be careful not to damage the small plastic hinges that hold it in place. Now you will need to perform the following steps:
1. Under the console you will find the lid switch connector. Unplug the switch from the connector.
2. There will be two brass colored clips. You will need to remove these to remove the machine casing. Place a flat blade screwdriver straight down into the opening on top of the washer and into the groove of the clip. Push the screwdriver away from you while holding into the groove and the clip will release.
3. Open the lid of the washer and place your hand under the front rim of the opening (DO NOT grab the wash tub). Now pull the case from the frame by lifting from the back first.
You do not have to remove it all the way from the frame, just enough to gain access to the switch. All there is to the switch is a couple of screws holding it in and a ground wire. It's a pretty easy repair job. Some models will have the switch located on the right-hand side of the lid rim opening, while other models will have the switch located on the left-hand side near the lid hinge.
Once you've completed your switch installation, make sure you get the case back on the frame correctly by following these steps:
1. While looking down through the lid opening, place the front lip of the machine case UNDER the washer frame and start leaning it back onto the frame. There are four small cleats that must fit into four slots on the case or the washer will vibrate. Make sure the frame is seated properly, lean forward from the front of the washer, grasp both sides of the rear panel and pull towards the case. The rear panel should be seated and flush with the casing before inserting the retaining clips.
2. Insert the brass-colored clips into the slot on the washer rear panel first, and then push straight down into the opening on the top of the washer with some force. If you have the case seated correctly, the clips will snap back in.
3. Make sure you plug the connector from the console back into the lid switch receptacle BEFORE you reassemble the console. This is easy to forget.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 12, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2016 | Washing Machines
Dec 29, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jun 21, 2015 | Washing Machines
Feb 07, 2014 | Washing Machines
May 19, 2010 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Dec 24, 2009 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Dec 08, 2009 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
Feb 09, 2009 | Kenmore 15864/15862 Top Load Washer
98 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: