Cannot get LCD screen to show Replace Ink message
1. Make sure your unit is powered and not printing.
2. Press the SETUP button and then use the select arrows until you see REPLACE INK, then press the COLOR COPY button. The ink cartridges will move to the replacement position.
3. Lift up the unit's cover, to access the ink cartridges.
4. Pinch the tabs on the front and back of the cartridge, and lift it out of the printer.
5. Before removing the new cartridge from it's package, shake the cartridge 4-5 times. Do not shake the cartridge once it has been removed from the cartridge holder.
6. Lower the new cartridge into its holder, then press down on the top of the cartridge until it clicks in place. Caution: Don't touch the green circuit board on the back of the cartridge, as you may inhibit normal operation and printing.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 for any other ink cartridges that require replacement.
8. Once complete, please lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. The EPSON Stylus RX500 begins charging the ink delivery system.
The On light flashes and the EPSON Stylus RX500 makes noise. Charging takes about 30 seconds. When it's finished, the On light stops flashing and stays on steady. At this point press COPY to move back to COPY mode.
Caution: Never turn off the EPSON Stylus RX500 while the On light is flashing, unless the Stylus RX500 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
May 20, 2008 |
Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer