I need a answer to this as well because im having the same problem the dial lights up but the darn thing wont turn on ... this is my 2nd e260 and i have did 1 update so far it wont even allow me to go into recovery mode so im at a loss of ideas!
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Recovery Mode: download the update software and install then lock your sansa hold in the rec key on the left at the same time push the menu/power button this will take you to recovery mode then connect to the computer Start the update software if it doesn't start automatic go to /start /all programs /Sandisk/sansa updater/ sansa updater and start it up manually... follow instructions on the updater and the sansa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_95hLqZxCHc&feature=related here is a link to a kid showing you how to go to recovery mode. Update software from this link.. (http://mp3support.sandisk.com/sansa/Installer/1082/SansaUpdaterInstall.exe) and install the software before you recover Usb mode in settings MSC is best, Updater recognizes it in this mode
1 put on hold and hold record button while u turn on (your sansa is now in recovery mode)
2 connect your sansa to your comp via usb cable a box should show up saying the firmware version
3 close the window and disconnect your sansa (it will restart)
Run the recovery tool from the SanDisk website. Make sure you select "format" when prompted.
You need to put the device into "recovery mode" before you run the tool.
- Turn the device off (hold power for 20 seconds)
- Slide the hold switch into "hold" position.
- Press and hold the "record" button while connecting it to your computer. Keep holding the "record" button until you see the "new hardware found" on your computer.
Then run the recovery tool. Select format when prompted.
Best of Luck.
Sounds like the blue ring issue.
TRY THIS FIRST!!
If it works then great, ONLY DO THE LAST SOLUTION (a link) IF RECOVERY STEPS BELOW DO NOTHING.
You WILL brick your sansa if you don't abide.
In case our recovery procedures differ:
ALL DATA WILL BE LOST WITH THIS PROCEDURE!!
You can try a ROM recovery.
- TURN OFF UNIT
- Place hold switch so orange shows
- Hold down the REC button with the red dot on the side of the player.
- Whilst holding the REC button, press the power button as if to turn on the unit
- Let go of the REC button
You should see the recovery console.
YOU WILL LOSE ALL DATA!! However you will also have a working player.
LAST RESORT ONLY IF YOU CANNOT ENTER RECOVERY MODE!!
I would like to offer this solution, but this solution is only meant for the "Standard" E200 players (there are 2 types of E200 players -- the Standard E200 and the "Rhapsody" players, indicated with an "r" after the E200 such as "E260r". I'm hoping you have the standard E260.
Switch your Sansa E260 to its Recovery Mode:
1. Make sure the player is powered off
2. Enable the "Hold" switch (located on the top of the player). You would know it's enabled when you see the "orange-colored" surface
3. Press the "Record" button. Make sure you keep it pressed while pressing on the "Menu" button.
4. keep your fingers pressed on these 2 buttons until the E260 LCD screen displays "Welcome to Recovery Mode"
5. Connect your E260 to your computer. (Just a reminder: The minimum Operating System requirements for a Sansa E200 player is Windows XP and above)
6. Double-click on "My Computer" and you would see your Sansa E260 appear as a "16 MB" drive. Note: If you do not see that "16 MB" drive/partition, please repeat steps 1-6.
Next, Apply the firmware for the E260 (your player should be connected to your PC at this time):
Use this link to download the firmware for your Sansa E260 (for better results, please save this file on your "Desktop":
Double left-click on the downloaded file, and follow the on-screen prompts. The file will automatically re-flash your player and format it as well, thereby clearing all possible file/system corruptions that may have occurred which caused the "Load Main Image Failed" notification in the first place.
When the process is complete, unplug your E260 from your computer, and please make sure you disable the "Hold" switch
Power up your E260 and 90-99% of the time, it would boot up successfully.
Enjoy using your Sansa E260, just like I do. (I love this player)