Question about Projection Televisions
The tv is about 3 years old,and has been bullet proof until now. It was working fine I turned it off and a few minutes later I turned it back on and it a kind of sick sizzling sound(not very loud)and did not turn on. The led will flash on standby however and will not turn off until unplugged. Please help if possible I really miss that big screen.Thank you for your time
SOURCE: SONY KDP 65WS550
are you sure it 10?
these are the codes i have
· 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
· 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
· 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
· 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
· 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
· 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
· 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
· 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
· 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
Hopefully, the descriptions of the blinking lights and the symptoms and problems will point you in the right direction to tell the problem with you Sony Projection Screen Television. If it is not enough, do not worry -- in the coming few posts I will talk about entering the Diagnosis and Service modes for your television set!
Posted on Mar 14, 2008
SOURCE: TV Picture Goes Black
I had the same exact problem.
I removed the bulb and cleaned it. There is a small screen at the top of the bulb and it was covered with dust. Once it was cleaned I replaced the bulb and it solved the problem.
Thanks to those who posted the solutions
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2011 | Mitsubishi WS-55819 55" Rear Projection...
Nov 04, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57XBR2 57" Rear...
Jul 21, 2010 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57WS655 57" Rear...
Aug 19, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57XBR2 57" Rear...
Mar 07, 2009 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-55XS955 55" Rear...
Nov 27, 2008 | Projection Televisions
Jul 22, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDP-57WS655 57" Rear...
Jul 28, 2007 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60WF655 60" Rear...
42 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!