Question about HP OfficeJet d145 InkJet Printer
I keep getting the message 'scanner failure. Turn off ..' when I try to use my unit.
Take the top off and clean the underside of glass as well as the mirrors on the scanner. Remove the bulbs. This is a light job but not for the mechanically impaired. If you have a 7110, take the ADF off by lifting 2 black inserts near the hinges. Remove 3 screws - 2 near ADF hinges and one on the right.
- Pop off the button cover.
- Remove button assy by sliding right, lift up and pull forward. Remove cable and 2 screws in view.
- Pop off the front plastic piece that the button assy. rested on.
- Remove 1 or 2 screws on the underside center of the top glass assy.
- Open printer exposing the print area and remove the front hinges on the bottom by moving the tabs on left and right side of both hinges.
- Remove a few screws holding the top cover in place.
Cleaning the mirrors.
- Remove the top plastic cover on scanning assy by inserting a small flat blade on the left and right (just behing the lights) and release tabs. Lift front upward till rear tabs are free.
- Remove the bulb toward the middle of the scanner assy. by unplugging, unsnake wire and lift up only that end enough to clearing so you can slide the other end out.
- Remove screw holding dont the clear plasic guide.
- Unplug the other light and unsnake wire. Lift that end up only until the clear plastic piece clears guides and then slide both plastic and light until the other end of the light is free.
Clean mirrors carefully and wipe bulbs carefully
Posted on Apr 03, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 19, 2013 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 18, 2010 | HP PSC 750 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Now if this still doesn't resolve the issue then it's a definite hardware problem my request would be regardless of the thumbs up,call up hp at 1800-474-6836 and ask for their upgrade machines because u'll get a machine with a 50-60% discount and an extended warranty with a 70-80% discount or u may get a warranty for the next two years for $1....Sorry if I can't help you
Oct 05, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 16, 2009 | HP 190 Copier
Aug 13, 2009 | Dell A940 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 19, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7130 All-In-One Printer
Nov 13, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 13, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
132 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!