My Computer Shut off while I was sleeping, and now it wont turn back on. No one could have tampered with it, and there were no viruses on my computer at the time. I tried to reconnect the power cords, clean dust out of the vents, and let it sit with the power switch in the back off. None of these solutions worked, and I need help!
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I don't understand your question. Please re-word in English so it is understandable!
If you mean "My Dell laptop stays on while hibernating" then I would make sure that you are actually hibernating and NOT hitting the "sleep" button.
If you hit sleep or close your laptop then any small movements could possibly wake it up (though you would need to hit the start button to turn it on from sleeping usually)
If you hibernate then your computer saves its current state and shuts off so that way it can resume its current state next time your start up.
Are you positive you are putting it into hibernate and giving it time to shut-down without moving it? (Closing it before it is ready will tamper with the process at times)
When you shut off your PC do you:
1) Give it enough time (could take from 1 minute to 10 minutes) to shut down completely (easy sign is if the fun continues to run or lights are on)?
2) Clicked Hibernate or Sleep OR closed your laptop screen before it completely finished shutting down (this could put the PC to sleep and it would remain on, so the lights would remain on, until you woke it by moving a mouse, flipping the screen back and forth for a bit or pressing the start button (not holding))?
3) Have it plugged in (depending on the model, a light might stay on if it is charging even if it is not on(probably not this one since you said it turns off after a Hard shutdown (don't do this since this damages your computer and will make it break down after continued use)))
OpenControl Panel, Power settings, Advanced Power settings, change SLEEP to Never, Hibernate to never. Shut down and unplug, if you use mostly on AC, remove battery, your laptop when not in use. It will last longer, if there is a power surge not be damaged, and a reboot every day resets the computer.
Shut pc down unplug power supply press and hold power button for 20 seconds to remove all remaning power.open case clean any dust find ram sticks remove them make sure there clean and re seat them back into there slots.your monitor could be the cause also unhook it while pc is unplugged. now put it all back together and turn it on..if it doesnt shut it down un hook monitor and fire up pc see if the pc boots by watching the lights.if so bad monitor does light turn blue on monitor when power on.
Turn it on, then wait, u will hear the computer turning itself on and off, but nothing is showing on the screen. so make it turn on and off, 3 time.( such as hearing the computer turned off, so that one,THEN IT TURNS ITSELF ON AGAIN, next time it turns off, that count as 2, and so on). on the third shut off then u press and hold the off button, to force it to shut down, then wait. about 5-10min., or less then 5. after then u turn the computer on.it should be on by now. if not try it again. if it happens again try one more time, if it happens again. then there something really wrong with your computer.