Question about Palm Treo 755p Smartphone
My Treo is suddenly not able to make calls i.e. when I dial the number the speaker icon disappers from the screen.....on connecting there is no volume from either side...i.e. I cannot hear or talk even though its connected.....
I have tried soft reset but that has not helped....please help
The only workarounds I've read about these issues is:
1. Plug in the headset again and pull it out crisply and see if that works. Another method I heard, is to stick a toothpick in there.
2. Using the OEM Treo mono headset, insert the jack fully into the socket, spin the jack in the socket 180-360 degrees and remove the jack with a quick jerk. If the socket is truly undamaged, this technique, often repeated, seems to enable the speaker.
3. Some report that the headphone jack adapters, 3.5 to 2.5mm, work for this as well, that has NOT been my experience.
4. VolumeCarePro will bypass the headset switch and is a software workaround.
5. Otherwise, the only way I've been able to 'resurrect' the speaker is by hard reset, and once it took two hard resets.
As a result, I do not use my headset jack on my Treo 755p at all any more.
Unfortunately, this is an area that Palm is aware of, but has done little to fix.
is a hard reset
Posted on Mar 07, 2008
I have the same problem. Based on what I had with a ealier model the headset jack is very delicate and it break very easly. when it brakes the phone always thinks there is a headset pluged in (it should work with a headset) I used to use a program called volume care to bypass and turn off the headset jack but for some reason it hasnt helped me this time )
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2009 | Palm Treo 755p Smartphone
Apr 14, 2009 | Palm Treo 755p Smartphone
Apr 02, 2009 | Palm Treo 680 Smartphone
Mar 17, 2009 | Palm Treo 755p Smartphone
Feb 23, 2009 | Palm Treo 755p Smartphone
Apr 08, 2008 | Samsung SCH-i600
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: