Question about Dell Latitude C640 Notebook
You can go to bootdisk.com and download a boot disk for your version of windows unless your using xp the disk does it all on xp, you will have to format the hard drive and then trinstall windows, theres usally a problem with the hard drive when you have this type of problem either a bad sector or it starts making a clicking noise.
hope this helps you out.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
That's pretty bad. ntoskrnl.exe is the main engine of Windows. It actually is the NT OS Kernel. You can use a repair installation doing the following:
1. Put your Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive.
2. Reboot computer.
3. When it asks to, start from CD-ROM.
4. When it gives you the options screen. Do not use Recovery Console but normal install.
5. It will ask you for repair installation, choose R. Follow on screen instructions.
If it doesn't cancel the install for it will overwrite everything.
6. Allow it to install, at a sudden point it wil reboot.(after copying files to your harddrive) This time don't boot from CD but let it go to your harddrive. Setup will continue from there.
7. Finish set-up. If done correctly everything is restored and your programs, files and settings remain unharmed.
Note: if you don't get the Repair option, you'll need to back up your files first. Since you can't logon you'll need a CD such as Winternals ERD Commander in order to get to your files.
The repair should do the trick though.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 07, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
Apr 13, 2012 | PC Laptops
Jul 16, 2011 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Dec 31, 2010 | Dell PC Laptops
Nov 08, 2010 | Dell Latitude D505 Notebook
Sep 15, 2010 | Dell INSPIRON 6000 CENTRINO...
Aug 31, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
Jan 18, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
Dec 18, 2009 | Dell Latitude C600 Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 2200 Notebook
145 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!