Question about Dell Latitude C640 Notebook
You can go to bootdisk.com and download a boot disk for your version of windows unless your using xp the disk does it all on xp, you will have to format the hard drive and then trinstall windows, theres usally a problem with the hard drive when you have this type of problem either a bad sector or it starts making a clicking noise.
hope this helps you out.
Posted on Feb 17, 2008
That's pretty bad. ntoskrnl.exe is the main engine of Windows. It actually is the NT OS Kernel. You can use a repair installation doing the following:
1. Put your Windows XP CD in the CD-ROM drive.
2. Reboot computer.
3. When it asks to, start from CD-ROM.
4. When it gives you the options screen. Do not use Recovery Console but normal install.
5. It will ask you for repair installation, choose R. Follow on screen instructions.
If it doesn't cancel the install for it will overwrite everything.
6. Allow it to install, at a sudden point it wil reboot.(after copying files to your harddrive) This time don't boot from CD but let it go to your harddrive. Setup will continue from there.
7. Finish set-up. If done correctly everything is restored and your programs, files and settings remain unharmed.
Note: if you don't get the Repair option, you'll need to back up your files first. Since you can't logon you'll need a CD such as Winternals ERD Commander in order to get to your files.
The repair should do the trick though.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 01, 2013 | Dell Inspirion One 2320 IO2320-5555BK...
Dec 07, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
Apr 13, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 31, 2011 | Dell OptiPlex 740 (BPCW6TT) PC Desktop
Jul 16, 2011 | Dell Latitude D810 PC Notebook
Dec 31, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
Sep 15, 2010 | Dell INSPIRON 6000 CENTRINO...
Aug 31, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1300 Notebook
Dec 18, 2009 | Dell Latitude C600 Notebook
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!