Question about HP Compaq Presario V2000 Notebook
1. Try clearing the bios manually by shorting the jumpers (i think u what i mean).
2. Try recovery of the bios memory (if it supports)
3. Try reflashing the bios (get the latest bios updates from net)
4. disconnect the intrusion alarm device/switch
5. press F1 and continue to windows -> use the board vendor supplied tools to access the intrusion alarm log and clear it
have a nice day
Posted on Jan 27, 2008
That sounds like the problem with your CMOS battery.
i suggest first replace the existing battery wit a new one.
i hope this will work with your problem.
Posted on Jan 26, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2011 | Acer Veriton M661 PC Desktop
Jan 29, 2011 | Acer Aspire 2100 (91.AB675.D02) PC Desktop
Apr 04, 2010 | Acer Computers & Internet
Nov 30, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2008 | Abit AB9 Pro Motherboard
Jan 27, 2008 | Dell Dimension 4600 PC Desktop
197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!